Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [b]2012 - 2013 print exchange call for entry[/b]

[b]2012 - 2013 print exchange call for entry[/b]

2012 - 2013 Print Exchange

First off I would like to wholeheartedly thank Darr Almeda for the amazing job she has done facilitating this print exchange in the past. I will do my best to try and make this one just about as good, a difficult task, I know.

To those of you that are new to this, a print exchange is an incredible opportunity to start a collection of artwork from some photographers that you may already have a great deal of respect for, and others that you may have never even heard of, but will likely surprise and inspire you just the same.

So on with the rules, please read them carefully, and if you are unclear on anything ask here so everyone can see & share the answer.....Hopefully I will have the answer

If you are going to participate, post your name here and I will respond with acknowledgment and add you to the list and we EXPECT you to participate. If something comes up and you need to withdrawal, please notify me so I do not waste time trying to contact you. I will respond to questions as soon as I can and will check into this forum at least twice during the day looking for messages.

The Image
    1. Must be made with a view camera with film or with a digital back.
    2. Scanned negative is fine.
    3. Must be a 2012 or 2013 creation date.

The Print
    1. Must be on either 8x10 or 11x 14 paper (image size does not matter).
    2. No mated or mounted prints.
    3. Include an information sheet with each print.
    4. Traditional wet darkroom is fine.
    5. Alternative process of any sort is fine (I would love to see someone send in some tintypes, or maybe some wet plate collodion images of a certain pixie we know and love.
    6. Digital output to print is fine.
    7. Send 9 prints in total (or 10 if you want to tip your facilitator.

How It All Works
    1. You make at least 9 prints of an image that you would like to share.
    2. You attach a data sheet with as little or as much information as you would like to share with the recipients of your print to each print (a sample data sheet is attached to this post, please use it).
    3. You package those 9 prints and data sheets up and mail them to me.
    4. Once I have received 10 packages of prints I let you all know who is in your group and sort, package, and ship the prints to the 10 people in the group.
    5. I distribute your 9 prints to the other 9 people in your group and mail you back the 9 prints from the 9 different people in your group.
    6. I figure out what actual shipping costs are to get your prints to you and you send me the money via PayPal or whatever seems to work best for you and me and I send the prints.
    7. You receive a package in the mail from me with 9 prints from the other 9 people in your group. If you have saved one of your own prints at home, you can add it to your portfolio for a nice even 10 prints to show your friends and family, that way they can tell you that yours is the best of the group, how awesome is that!

Some Of The Crazy Details You Need To Know
    1. You will need to send 9 prints to Okotoks, Alberta, Canada.
    2. You will need to pay for return shipping by PayPal or cheque or whatever seems to work the best for the both of us.
    3. You will need to send along with your prints extra shipping material for the return trip or I will tack on an extra $5.00 for shipping since I will have to buy new stuff for you.
    4. If you send your prints in a box that you would like returned with your new prints, please put your name on the box with big letters and let me know that you would like it returned or I will toss it.
    5. I will not re use bubble mailers, cardboard mailers, or any outer packaging.
    6. Did you know that international bubble wrap appreciation day just recently passed? It was awesome, and I even downloaded the bubble wrap app.
    7. Shipping fees will be determined after the prints are ready to be shipped. You will be notified via a PM. In previous exchanges, the packages averaged a 1-lb shipping weight. We do not want to exceed the 1-lb weight as International Shipping Fees are costly! There will be American, European, Australian, etc. mailings. DO NOT MOUNT YOUR PRINTS!
    8. If you do not fill out the shipping info sheet I will have no idea who the prints belong to.
    9. Once I receive 10 packets of prints I will post the names of the people in that group here in this thread.
    10. You do not need to make your real name public here of course, just join in by posting that you would like to be included. I will contact you via PM here within the forum e-mail system. I will of course need your name and mailing address but no one else will see it or have access to it.

How To Ship Your Prints
    1. This is what I have done in the past; 11x14 box for photo paper lined on the inside with foam core, put the prints in separated by acid free paper, tape it up and slide it into a bubble mailer. This is overkill and a bit more expensive but pretty darn safe. If you do this I will send your prints back in the same packaging but with a new bubble mailer.
    2. This is what most people do, put your prints into a heavy cardboard mailer sandwiched between two acid-free and pH neutral backing boards, add an archival bag that you can safely store the prints in for years to come and you are golden. If you do this I will save the backing boards and archival bag only, I’ll toss your new prints in a new heavy cardboard mailer and send it back to you.
    3. Make sure you include an info sheet for each of your prints.
    4. Make sure you fill out a return address sheet and include it with your shipment.

Everyone is to ship nine (9) prints to me according to the Print Specs.
    If you send 10 prints, I will assume you are sending one for me which is greatly appreciated and one of the reason I am doing this, but you are not obligated to do so.

If you are going to participate, post your name here and I will respond with acknowledgment and add you to the list and we EXPECT you to participate. If something comes up and you need to withdrawal, please notify me so I do not waste time trying to contact you. I will respond to questions as soon as I can and will check into this forum at least twice during the day looking for messages.

Closing Date For Exchange Sign Up:
    March 1, 2013

Ship Date for Sending Prints to Facilitator:
    May 1, 2013

Re: [b]2012 - 2013 print exchange call for entry[/b]

I'm in !

Thanks for the job

I'm in also.

J

I'm in.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

(Shrek)

Count me in.

So the list begins.

1. Mathiew Bauwens
    2. Jackies
    3. Mike Sherck
    4. Jody_S
    5. Scott Walker

Count me in also.
    And thanks for your job .

Best
    Heiko

Please add me to the list of participants.

-Darren

I'd like to participate as well.

Thanks,
    Dan

Looking forward to it, please add my name to the list.

Cheers,

mitomac