Thread: Rimset Compur B and T Not Working

Rimset Compur B and T Not Working

Hi,

I have a Carl Zeiss Tessar Jena 135 mm lens in rim-set compur shutter where the B & T settings will not cock. All the other shutter settings seem fine. When I try to cock the T & B, it will only go so far before it returns, all the while sounding like its firing. Anyone know what might be the possible cause and repair?

Brian
    Last edited by henseman; 31-Jan-2013 at 05:50. Reason: made a mistake on identifying proper lens

Re: Rimset Compur B and T Not Working

On my rim-set Compur there's no need to cock the shutter for the B and T settings. Just use the shutter release lever (or cable release) to open and close the shutter.

Jonathan

Jonathan, thank you .......I should have checked online for the proper use of the lens. I have had it in my possession for quite some time as it came with an old Century Graphic and I never got round to using it. I'm not up on all the mechanics of using old lenses.

A friend checked it over and says he found a bent lever inside that may have prevented the shutter from cocking even when using a cable release. He's dropping it off later today and I'll let you know if he managed to fix it.

Brian

Hi Jonathan,

My friend found/fixed the problem and the lens now works well.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by henseman View Post
    Jonathan, thank you .......I should have checked online for the proper use of the lens. I have had it in my possession for quite some time as it came with an old Century Graphic and I never got round to using it. I'm not up on all the mechanics of using old lenses.

A friend checked it over and says he found a bent lever inside that may have prevented the shutter from cocking even when using a cable release. He's dropping it off later today and I'll let you know if he managed to fix it.

Brian

Good to hear! Happy shooting.

Jonathan

Thank God for this thread! I just acquired a 10,5cm Tessar and I too was surprised that I could not cock the shutter for T or B.
    Not having to do it is actually fantastic, much more usable than modern lenses where you do need to have the shutter in tension for T or B.
    Does anyone know why they have stopped making shutters with this very useful feature?