Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My CC-400 Refurb

My CC-400 Refurb

Hey guys,

I just recently acquired a Calumet monorail. I believe it is the CC-400 going by the serial number. At any rate. I got this camera at such a good price that I am willing to spend or build whatever I need to make it functional again but I seem to be having trouble locating parts. Also, since I am unfamiliar with this camera, I am not quite sure what all it's missing. Thought I'd post a few pics here and see what info I could find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cal9.JPG   cal8.JPG   cal6.JPG   cal1.JPG  

Re: My CC-400 Refurb

AT first glance, it doesn't look like anything is missing (although sharper images would help to determine that as well as images showing the bottom of the camera. Calumet repairs in Chicago (1-800-Calumet and ask for Jose) still has some parts available for this camera so anything that does turn up missing just might be sitting on a shelf there for you. Good luck.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Thanks for the reply. These are the pictures I took from the ebay listing. as soon as it's in my hands i will put some better pics up. it looks to me like i'm missing tons of stuff in the front. To be honest I may be overly excited about what i have here but i am super anxious to get it working so I can use it. Here's a few more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cal5.JPG   cal3.JPG   cal4.JPG  

Well you are missing a lens.

Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    Well you are missing a lens.
    Yeah i'm pretty sure I am and I think i am missing more than just the lens and lens board. all the ones i've been looking at have the lens filter and so on but non of the parts i'm finding have it.

Peter

Looks like the only thing missing from the front, besides the lens, is the logo ...

Peter

This might help. http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/calumet_3.html

Camera looks complete to me. Yes you need a lens and the appropriate lens board. Oh and film holders, dark cloth, light meter, tripod, ect. Seems like you need to do a little research and learn more about LF. The home page is a good place to start. http://www.largeformatphotography.info/

Roger

My CC-400 Refurb

I have everything else

Ditto with Peter. I've owned four of these in various forms over the decades and it really looks like everything is there other than the only vital part that is not visible in the images which are the two bubble levels that are on either side of the strap handle. If those are there and still filled, other than one heck of a clean up, it looks like you are home free.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

People will often replace the friction pads for the tilt locks with something like gasket material. This is so that the tilt don't slip when inserting film holder etc.

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com