Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JOBO atl 2300

Re: JOBO atl 2300

GRRRRR----- I can help. The PART NUMBER IS 92185. Retail cost two years ago was about 500. Screen plus the attached board.I don't give advice to folks over the internet on how to fix equipment, except that unless you fully understand electronics- don't mess with electrical circuitry. I've had to fix to many processors fixed by so called repair people. Now lets take this time to say, lets run our businesses off this newgroup!
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Just waiting to be developed..

Hi Ralph,
    I did some checking and there is a trim pot on the ATL processor daughter board.
    Its on the top left hand side just to the right of the 2 Rockwell VIA's ICs.
    It looks like it connects to the header that goes to the lcd. What it does, not totally sure.
    It’s a 10k trim pot that i think is connected between the lcd connector and VCC.
    So it might be the pot your looking for. I would make sure to mark it before you attempt to adjust it.
    You may want to power down the ATL make an adjustment then repower it to be on the safe side.
    I have attached a quickly annotated jpg of the processor board and location of components.
    I may have made a small mistake with the arrow on the lcd header, Pin 2 is VCC and Pin 1 is GND.
    I need to double check when i more awake with a DMM.

Ill try to dissemble the lcd module in the next few days and see if i can see anything.
    I will also see if can do some measurements with my DMM to give you some base values.
    If the trim pot does nothing (try both lcd modules as a comparison), it could be a voltage problem.
    The board runs at 5v (VCC), you should have +5V between VCC and GND.
    Just be careful not to short the pins or any others (as i said above, i need to double check which pin is which).

After going through the boards many times over the last few years, its a simple design.
    Lots of logic gates, caps, resistors (5%!), old 6502 processor (they still make em!) with the accompanying versatile interface adapters.
    Not terribly hard to reverse engineer (not my specialty but i'm trying), its also a 2 layer board so no tracks that disappear into the inner layers or SMT components.
    Pretty nice 90s construction (though 80s type tech). Mine has parts circa '96-98, pretty recent considering.

Hopefully some of this helps, you can always email or call and i can try to help.
    Good luck!
    Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATL 2300 Processor Board Annotated.jpg  
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

The part number is not the problem - finding the part and getting it is what i was referring to.

THANK YOU!!! the trim pot adjusting screw did the trick!!!!!

Thank you!!

Great!

Just waiting to be developed..

Hi Ralph,
    Glad you were able to get it working. Love those undocumented features!
    Happy processing!
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Quote Originally Posted by IanMazursky View Post
    Hi Ralph,
    Glad you were able to get it working. Love those undocumented features!
    Happy processing!
    Hello Ian,

I have a question about chemicals for the Jobo 2300. My buddies studio he works at has one in their basement that I have been told if I get it back up and running I have free reign to use it. How much chemical do i need for C-41 to get it up and running for 120 and 4x5?

Thank you,

Eric

Hello, did you manage to fix the LCD.

I'm having the same problem with a JOBO ATL 2000. Is easy to replace the LCD, what is the reference if I need to buy one?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RPHOTOGRAPHER View Post
    Hello,
    does anyone have this processor???

Thanks
    Ralph
    I'm making a retrofit of an ATL 2500, I'm developing a new electronics for it with ESP-32 arduino board, with web interface. I'm substituting the rotative pneumatic valve by 6 solenoid valves, and moving the outlet pipe to the right bottle with a servo.

The rotative valve with a malta cross mechanism is a quite nice design, but to have a fail safe operation and easy service I stripped it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pere Casals; 25-Nov-2019 at 09:53.