Thread: Middle Tennessee photographers???

Red face Middle Tennessee photographers???

Just moved to Shelbyville and am looking for other LF (4x5) photographers in the area.
    I'm somewhat new to LF and would love to meet other photographers and do some shooting.
    Chamonix 45N-1 with 90mm f6.8 Caltar II N, and 210mm f6.8 Rodenstock Geronar

Re: Middle Tennessee photographers???

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-okc View Post
    Just moved to Shelbyville and am looking for other LF (4x5) photographers in the area.
    I'm somewhat new to LF and would love to meet other photographers and do some shooting.
    Hey, Rick. It's not Middle Tennessee, but I live in Memphis. I'm completely new to this, so I don't really know, but my guess is we'd have to cast a fairly wide net to find many LF people for meet-ups. Maybe Huntsville, AL to Jackson, MS to Little Rock to . . . I dunno where on the northeast corner. Somewhere north of Nashville, probably. Bowling Green, maybe?

Nice to meet you, regardless.

North Central Kentucky, Elizabethtown/Ft Knox area. Our current travel spread: 4 hours N/S and 2 of us 6 hours E of Memphis. Ky areas from I65 on to the West. Mammoth Cave area, Nolan River, Green River valleys, Land Between the Lakes, Paducah KY and Cairo IL area north of Memphis. What sort of subjects are of interest? Tourist popularity provides services and amenities and accessibility to things often photography. The back roads provide 'new ground' with the associated unknowns. Track and field season keeps me busy through spring into summer with open weekends here and there. I'm newly back to 4x5. Graphlex, and rebuilding a Graphlex View 2.

Quote Originally Posted by barnninny View Post
    Hey, Rick. It's not Middle Tennessee, but I live in Memphis. I'm completely new to this, so I don't really know, but my guess is we'd have to cast a fairly wide net to find many LF people for meet-ups. Maybe Huntsville, AL to Jackson, MS to Little Rock to . . . I dunno where on the northeast corner. Somewhere north of Nashville, probably. Bowling Green, maybe?

Nice to meet you, regardless.
    I'm in Blytheville, AR, about an hour north of you. I have a friend in the area who shoots LF as well. Maybe we can have a meetup in Memphis sometime.

Name: ______William Booth

Huntsville, AL is in.

Professor

I am Nashville, Tennessee

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midwest Folk.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	101839
    OK. Here is where we are.
    Assuming what we see to shoot where we live is akin to our individual interests..
    What is in the Mid and West KY area.
    Ohio River valley with locks, dams, river edge things.
    Old small towns, farm centers and much in the way of moldering away old things.
    What sort of 'it catches my eye' is in your neighborhood?

Professor

parthenon nashville, 4x5
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parthenon nashville.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	101878