Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm pretty much done here...

Re: I'm pretty much done here...

Bernice,

I, for one, have found your knowledge, input and experience very interesting and helpful. I hope that you change your mind.

Any "public" space is going to have its fair share of fools. I use the "ignore" tool liberally as I have found there ARE really great people living among the others. You just have to be a bit patient and tolerant of the useless and dig to find the good stuff. I have purchased some great equipment at reasonable prices here and have (for the most part) enjoyed learning and partaking in the dialogue here. Seems that much of the world has succumbed to the "reality" show trend and feels like there has to be drama in everything. I will ignore the foolishness and drama and still continue to use this board as a place of learning and opportunity for communication with like-minded LF enthusiasts.

Best,

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Given that we have no knowledge of whether the OP is a native English speaker, it was a rude, obnoxious joke. Juvenile at best, like so many of the "jokes" one finds here.

I'd be less certain about the motivation than you appear to be.

I'm less certain about that than you are.
    While I agree with your previous post this one is humor of its own type, albeit (I think) unintended.

You seem awfully certain of things for claiming to be uncertain. I'm not certain of anything either, but prefer to think well of people unless its other intent is clear. It may have been thoughtless given what you say about not knowing the OP, but it certainly didn't sound malicious to me. If the worst thing someone does to me is make a joke based on a word mistake I'll have a good day.

"...only to discover this forum which was once a good place to share now has become a place of established individuals with an agenda who bicker and fight"

We have been banning troublesome and rude forum members.

Please let us know about any recent cases that may have escaped the attention of the moderators.

You shouldn't have to write this sort of message.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Ventured on to this forum back in 2008 and returned for a short time in 2012, 2013.. only to discover this forum which was once a good place to share now has become a place of established individuals with an agenda who bicker and fight for the sake of ?

My initial intent to return was with the idea of helping others and sharing the image making process, instead, LFF parts of LFF has become semi hostel for those who many see things differently.

Bernice
    I fight with my brothers all the time.but i still respect them.. and want to hear what they have to say.....

yea many times people take there frustrations out here.... but its the times we live in and the average age of the people that frequent this forum. I can honestly say hanging out here has helped me get along with some of what i would consider the strangest people/photographers. It also gave me tolerance to hear other peoples opinions even they are totally wrong ... LOL LOL....sit back with a warm cup of coffee and enjoy the diverse opinion on this forum..... you have a friend here anytime you need ..... michael

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    "...only to discover this forum which was once a good place to share now has become a place of established individuals with an agenda who bicker and fight"

We have been banning troublesome and rude forum members.

Please let us know about any recent cases that may have escaped the attention of the moderators.

You shouldn't have to write this sort of message.
    Thanks Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    What he said.

I see the same thing on other special interest forums. People show up expecting, I don't really know but it seems like an oasis of kindness and benevolence, and find some of that and some nastiness and generally just people behaving like people. Ok, a little worse, as humans tend to be less civil dealing with text on a screen than dealing with someone in person. Somehow this surprises folks. This is actually one of the nicer places I hang out, but I pretty much expect the bad with the good.

I too find this forum one of the nicer ones. If I could figure out a way to filter out the lounge it'd even be better.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    What he said.

I see the same thing on other special interest forums. People show up expecting, I don't really know but it seems like an oasis of kindness and benevolence, and find some of that and some nastiness and generally just people behaving like people. Ok, a little worse, as humans tend to be less civil dealing with text on a screen than dealing with someone in person. Somehow this surprises folks. This is actually one of the nicer places I hang out, but I pretty much expect the bad with the good.
    And what he said.

And I think we need to take into consideration the fact that many, if not most, are here because we are passionate about our art, our photography and/or our equipment/working processes. And those passions can surface and grate on other passionate people.

And it is incredibly easy to mis-read someone's post...let alone know what their intentions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    bicker and fight for the sake of ?
    None of that here. Just read at the posts in this comforting and empathizing thread.

I think APUG has a ban on I'm leaving threads, not a bad idea. Things sometimes just get a little out of control on these types of threads. If you're really leaving I doubt anyone is going to change your mind.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I think APUG has a ban on I'm leaving threads, not a bad idea. Things sometimes just get a little out of control on these types of threads. If you're really leaving I doubt anyone is going to change your mind.

Mike

Actually, I thought this forum (also?) has a "No grand exit" rule.....

as an aside, the irony of many of the responses is...well, really funny.