Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question on Grafmatic film holders

Re: Question on Grafmatic film holders

Coincidentally I've just taken the disk out of one of mine, takes a couple of minutes. Just don't lose the screws, and remember how everything came apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gebhardt View Post
    The grafmatics come apart easily with just a screw driver. If I remember correctly you need to remove the screws on the sides and then you can pull out the main part. Keep track of the little loose stop that will come out and note hoe it goes back in. Then a few screws let you open the main compartment. The disk is readily removed once you open the main compartment. It's been years since I removed the wheel on mine so I may be forgetting a minor step. but if I can figure it out I'm sure you can too.

Keep the disk so you can put it back if you want to sell the unit.

Despite the chance of fogging the sheets all at once, I really like the units. I've only fogged things once, so I don't think it's really a big deal.
    Thanks. I will give it a try when I unload my holders

Quote Originally Posted by dave_whatever View Post
    Coincidentally I've just taken the disk out of one of mine, takes a couple of minutes. Just don't lose the screws, and remember how everything came apart.
    Sounds encouraging. I will try that.

Roger William Barr

I really recommend that you do the disk removal thing but be careful on your first dismantle. There are a couple of springs that can give you a little trouble, also a felt padded thingy. But hey it will teach you about how the Grafmatic works. I don't think they have too many movements at all. In fact i think they are really elegant in design. Great to snap one into a folding camera and go out RF shooting on the street. Clunk click six times and then home to see what you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn45 View Post
    I really recommend that you do the disk removal thing but be careful on your first dismantle. There are a couple of springs that can give you a little trouble, also a felt padded thingy. But hey it will teach you about how the Grafmatic works. I don't think they have too many movements at all. In fact i think they are really elegant in design. Great to snap one into a folding camera and go out RF shooting on the street. Clunk click six times and then home to see what you got.
    i am actually thinking of doing a code notch on the disks to tell which one is which.

Quote Originally Posted by algarzai View Post
    i am actually thinking of doing a code notch on the disks to tell which one is which.
    Good idea!

Roger William Barr

Why do yo need a code notch.. leave the number wheel in in that case.. Don't understand this ??

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn45 View Post
    Why do yo need a code notch.. leave the number wheel in in that case.. Don't understand this ??
    What don't you understand, why I would want to code my holders or why I decided to code the holder instead of roving the disk?

Roger William Barr

Surely the disk numbering is a coding system.. Why do you need to add another one ??

The septum number disc won't differentiate between different Grafmatics so that won't help with troubleshooting. The only non destructive way to code Grafmatics I can think of would be to use something to intrude upon the frame, ie- glue a small strip of exposed film/dark material of some sort that has notches or coding, somewhere (possibly near where disc is/was).
    notch codes ? I only use one film...