Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fujinon-SF Help Requested

Fujinon-SF Help Requested

Greetings,

I need a bit of help with my 250mm f/5.6 Fujinon-SF (soft focus) lens. I somehow lost the disks of my lens. Could anyone scan their disks for me? This would (sort of) allow me to manufacture a new set without having to buy a new set.

Thank you!

Jason, you might try contacting Fujinon to see if they would be willing to sell you some new ones. Since the lens is still being manufactured (I think), they may be able to help.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have contacted a few importers (Badger, MPEX) and will see what they can do. The problem is that there are no "official" importers, since both Jeff at Badger, and Jim and MPEX either travel to Japan to purchase lenses, or have a purchaser there. In short, unlike the German lenses and Nikon, Fujinon won't admit that it sells lenses in the US. Fujinon-USA sells medium format cameras and film: no LF gear. I have no idea why.

If the LF forum can't help, and Badger or MPEX can't get the lenses, I may ask a friend in Tokyo to track them down...

Well, due to the overwhelming response I contacted Jim at MidWest, and asked about ordering new ones. It turns out that he just placed a large order with Fuji, and will be getting a good number of the red and yellow disks sometime next month. So, if anyone is missing a disk, now is the time. Price is $29 per disk. I would be glad to make scans of the disks (when I get them) and pass them on.

I had such a difficult time finding the diffusion disk I needed so I reverse engineered the design and was going to make my own. It is do-able, but probably isn't economically feasible. Jim at MidWest has these disks now (September 2004) available for sale. Talk to Jim personally, however, since the sales staff may not be fully aware of them.

Jason, It's nice to hear of this sort of problem coming to a good conclusion. I lose track of things all the time and it drives me nuts.

Thanks Ernest.

Jim sent me both red and yellow-dot disks, so now my lens is complete. It is a testament to Midwest that they go out of their way to special order (Fuji had to manufacture new disks) and distribute something so obscure and cheap.

Re: Fujinon-SF Help Requested

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik Skott View Post
    How could I get in contact with Jim on Midwest?
    http://www.mpex.com

tel +1 614 261 1264

jim@mpex.com

Fredrik, you've got to win the auction first....

Amazing how old threads are reborn.