Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: View Camera magazine problems

Re: View Camera magazine problems

[QUOTE=QT Luong;976665]I received the following from Steve Simmons

>
    You waited almost 6 months to tell us you did not get the March/April 2012 issue. We always have extra copies printed, primarily for new subscribers who join so we can send them a copy right away rather than have them wait 2 months or so for the next issue. If you had contacted us in 2-4 months we would have had a copy for you. Regarding no Sept/Oct issue, we have not heard from you. Our phone and e-mail system operate just fine. I have gone back through our e-mails and could not find one from someone missing the Sept/Oct 2012 issue. I apologize for not remembering your name but you don’t use it here, instead you use a ‘handle’ which makes it impossible to know who you are.

>

>

[QUOTE]
    I have a copy of my e-mail sent regarding my March/April issue on July 10 2012, easily within 4 months. I also have a copy of my e-mail regarding my September/October issue dated January 3 2013. Also, I did call on both Monday and Tuesday within the hours you advertise being available. On those two days nobody answered and an automated message said the message box was full. If it's impossible to know who I am because of my "handle" then how can you draw your conclusions?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

8x10... I don't think Mr. Simmons or Ms. Miles read this forum. You might want to cut-and-paste that reply into an email message for them, or recite it on their answering machine. You might improve chances of some satisfaction that way. Plus, you could feel free to divulge your real name whcih may help resolve issues. Not a criticism, just a sincere suggestion.

When I needed to contact them in the past I found that these methods actually worked.

I received the following from Steve Simmons

" I also have a copy of my e-mail regarding my September/October issue dated January 3 2013."

We've gone back and checked all the e-mails from Jan 3, 2013 and do not have one from anyone missing the Sept/Oct 2012 issue.

Now, you can send your name and address to
    amiles@viewcamera.com

and we will send you another copy

To blame the USPS for distribution problems of this regularity and frequency is deflection. The source of the problem is either management's inefficiency to handle its list or intentional reduction of the "run". I stand by my comments.

When I want a copy of the View Camera I buy it on the newstand.

When your back is against the wall the best defense is an strong offense. The publisher's counter to subscribers is unapologetic and frankly speaks volumes. It should be management's obligation to ensure that all subscribers receive their issues, and timely. If setup, printing and distribution costs are not covered by the paid subscribers and advertisers, then he should increase rates nad/or bring in more advertisers. Alternatively, offer on-line access. This may not be easy to accomplish, but its better than offering empty excuses to subscribers for not receiving their copy.

First, I wish to thank all who provided suggestions to my problem. In over 20 years of subscribing to View Camera these were the only problems I experienced. Also, it's the first time I've had someone say they didn't receive my e-mails. I have sent an e-mail to Steve Simmons asking him to terminate my subscription. It is a fine magazine and I will miss the subscription. From now on I'll buy the magazine from a local bookstore. I hope I don't have anything more to report as I did e-mail Steve (thank you QT Luong) and hope and wonder if he'll receive it. Thanks to all, Roy

Roy... I stopped my subscription with the intent of buying at news stand or book store and found that to be even more frustrating. The supply of the mag to the book store seems even less predictible than the delivery via subscription. Good luck to you, though.

Does this mean you're no longer getting a free article on getting started in large format? LOL.

Good Lord, I had to read that every time in a newsgroup from you know who…

who?

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamReeves View Post
    Does this mean you're no longer getting a free article on getting started in large format? LOL.

Good Lord, I had to read that every time in a newsgroup from you know who…
    lmao
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"