Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About the Nikon lenses

currently Boulder, CO; formerly Seattle, WA.

Re: About the Nikon lenses

The one thing to look out in a 135mm is coverage. I had the nikkor for many years and and thought it was great. Then I started using more movements and found I was running out of image circle. I was really fond of the 135mm focal length, and looked at the 135 sironar s as a replacement, but ended up getting a150mm sironar s and a 120mm nikkor sw to fill the gap. Very happy....I guess my point is the 135 nikkor w is great and suited me for many years. You may find at some point you desire more movements than it allows...but maybe not. You mention 210mm also. That is probably my second favorite focal length. Any from the big four probably has plenty of coverage and will be a great lens. I find that you can do a lot with just a slightly wide and slightly long lens.
    ----------------------
    http://adamsatushek.com

Just for reference, the ICs of the 135/5.6 lenses in my database range from
    190mm (Symmar S) to 228mm (Fuji W EBC). The Nikkor W is 200mm. The Apo-Sironar-S is 208mm.

The 4x5 diagonal is 163mm.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

When did Fujinon stop making LF format lenses as indicated in this post? Badger seems to have lots of them.

OK. My error. I had not seen any new ones recently, but then I don't visit Badger.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

On second thought, look at the dump of Fujinon lenses on Ebay for very low prices. Good luck.

It has been some time since I've checked the prices on new lenses. Holy smokes!

I have 4 nikkor lenses including the 135 you ask about the others are 120 mm which i mainly use as a wide on my 5x8 format a 90mm and the 450M for 8x10 or 5x8 only ,I have no issues with the quality of these lenses , The 135 funny enough was the bargain of the century I bought it as a job lot with a linhof monorail some film holders genuine linhof cable release etc finished up selling the bits i didn't want for the same price i paid for the job lot ,End result perfect 135mm nikkor on linhof board and cable release and 2 film holders FREE!! .Cheers Gary

So, Many thanks to all! It's amazing read so many answers, it's great be part of a big family!

Drew Wiley

Fuji still makes a superb selection of LF lenses. The problem at the moment is that the
    dollar is weak in relation to the yen, so dealers are reluctant to import many of them,
    esp at a time when all types of LF lenses are popping up used at relatively good prices,
    unless you're fishing for an alleged "cult" lens. Nikon's LF lenses are also superb, though
    no longer being mfg. Just depends exactly what you need. All four of the big manufacturers
    had a full selection of general-use plasmats and wide-angle lenses. But they often differed
    in their specialized lens selection.