Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Regional Forums - UK/Europe

Re: Regional Forums - UK/Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Watkins View Post
    ...The word is spelt humour...
    Not in the country where this forum is based.

...Have I mentioned Ilford (you might find that the company is now called Harmon Technology)...
    Pete, your posts here and elsewhere frequently bash Ilford. My reference to defending this community's and Ilford's reputations was an allusion to that fact. It can't be disputed. I am an extremely satisfied paying (not paid) customer of Ilford products.

By the way, it's spelled HARMAN, not Harmon. Linguistic precision is a good thing.

...As I see it your priorities are...
    My priorities are supporting and protecting this community as well as assisting a fine film and paper supplier, whose products I enthusiastically use, with expanding its customer base. The latter includes negating unjustified trashing posts by those who think they ought promote boycotts.

Re: Regional Forums - UK/Europe

Quote Originally Posted by welly View Post
    Having non-US moderators would make absolutely no difference whatsoever to encouraging non-US members. How could it possibly, when new members don't even know who the moderators are? There's no disclosure on moderators and their nationality before, during or after signing up.
    No, you helped clarify my central issue from at least my last three posts (as boldfaced above by me). I'm all for finding nuggets of usefulness in even the most challenging presentations, and I thought there might be some here still undiscovered. But I think we've dug out all there is to be gotten from this topic.

So, it would seem that we have addressed the issue in full. There were a couple of nuggets that we are discussing and will take under advisement. And when the time comes to add moderators, we'll consider all possibilities no matter where they are from, as has been the case in the past.

Thank you all for your opinions. Let's consider this topic fully discussed and move on.

Rick "who'll add the 'u' in 'colour' if it really helps" Denney