“More Finely Focused” will help you compose and make better photographs. Based on Bruce Barlow’s (that’s me) highly successful “Composition Intensive” workshop at Peters Valley Craft Center in August, 2012, I have packaged the workshop material and exercises into a new book, and added more.

“More Finely Focused” is a 183-page pdf download, full of color and black and white illustrations.

Find it at bwbarlow.wordpress.com.

“More Finely Focused” applies to any camera, any format, traditional film, or digital imaging. It is about making pictures, rather than the technology. I believe that it is more important to know where to stand, where to aim the camera, and how to compose the photograph, than to understand the deepest depths of Photoshop.

57 exercises lead you through building up what I call the quiver of compositional tools, enabling you to more frequently get the emotional content into pictures that separate the admirable from the wonderful.

“More Finely Focused” includes some material from “Finely Focused: Mechanics and Creativity for Large Format Photography.” This is a new book, however, with a new emphasis, and mostly new material. Owners of “Finely Focused” will benefit from the new book. It is a good idea to own both.

“More Finely Focused” is a bargain at only $9.95. Similar E-Books cost $30 to $40. I would rather see it in the hands of more photographers, helping them make more satisfying images, and so I haves priced “More Finely Focused” to be affordable to almost all image-makers.

Thanks for looking.

BB