Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epson V750 problem

bill

Epson V750 problem

I recently bought an Epson V750 scanner to replace my 4870 scanner. After doing a preview scan I crop the image the way I would like it and then attempt to make adjustments I am unable to move the sliders when adjusting the histogram. I have been on the phone with Epson for at least 6 hours and have not worked out the problem. I am using a Mac G5 2.3 dual core computer with 6.5G of ram. It is connected with a USB2 cable. I am used to working with the 4870 where all the adjustments are smooth and work in real time. Epson has sent a replacement scanner which does the same thing. I've also been told its a problem with my computer (by Epson). I have connected it to another similar mac and have had the same problem. If I zoom in on one of the two 4x5 images on the preview scan I am able to make the adjustments without a problem, but that just takes a lot more time. Has anyone run into this problem and found an answer?

Re: Epson V750 problem

Maybe it's a software issue; have you tried re-installing Epson Scan (if that's what you're using)?
    Try googling it, I've found almost every tech answer that way.

bill

I have installed and uninstalled the software from both the provided disk as well as from the website.

Are you scanning in Professional mode?

Sounds like a USB problem make sure your cable is a 6 wire vs 4 wire connector..... The G5 has USB 2 connectors capability

bill

I am in professional mode.

bill

I've tried all of the ports for the USB connection. Would firewire make a difference?

Epson V750 problem

Quote Originally Posted by photobymike View Post
    Sounds like a USB problem make sure your cable is a 6 wire vs 4 wire connector..... The G5 has USB 2 connectors capability
    What the freak are you talking about there is no such thing as USB 6 wire and USB 4 wire. Here is an explanation of what type of USB cables there are.
    http://www.cablestogo.com/resources/usb.asp

Now Firewire has a 4 pin and a 6 pin http://www.cablestogo.com/resources/firewire.asp
    But the v750 only has a 6 pin connection on it so there is no physical way to use a 4 pin cable with it.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Epson V750 problem

Quote Originally Posted by bill2424 View Post
    I've tried all of the ports for the USB connection. Would firewire make a difference?
    Firewire is going to allow for a bit faster data speed because it uses a constant stream of data vs the bursts of data that USB uses.

I would try and delete the preferences for the epson scan software first.

Another trouble shooting step would be download the trial version of view scan and see if it works there. If it does you know it is the Epson software. If it does not work then it is going to be a hardware issue. But I'm betting its software.

Dont try and reinstall the software from the disk that came with it, go to epsons website and download the latest drivers and software for your OS.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

bill

Thanks I'll try connecting with a firewire tomorrow. I appreciate the advice. I did download the driver from the web site and it would be nice if the epson software worked since I'm familiar with it.

Bill