Thread: copying an image to a post from a previous post

copying an image to a post from a previous post

I know I've read this before, but now I can't find the details on how to do this. I imagine it must be in "manage attachments", but somehow I'm not spotting it, so please help.

I want to copy a portrait from a previous post and then side by side, post a second portrait for comparison.

Can someone explain the procedure please?

Thanks.

Tim
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Re: copying an image to a post from a previous post

Below the post editor, there's a button that says "Manage Attachments." Click that and it will give you the option of uploading a new attachment to attach to a post or attaching a file you uploaded previously.

Uploading the new one isn't the issue, Christopher. I can't figure out how to copy the image that is already in the thread so that I can both comment on it and place the comparison image that I want to relate it to. As I stated, I know I read about this before, but can't find that reference now, and I am just not computer savvy enough to figure it out without directions.

Thanks.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher D. Keth View Post
    Below the post editor, there's a button that says "Manage Attachments." Click that and it will give you the option of uploading a new attachment to attach to a post or attaching a file you uploaded previously.
    Its at the same place as where you would attach a new file. You know how it gives you a pictorial list of files you have uploaded before? You can drag one of those into the bottom section and attach it to another post without uploading it a second time.

Easiest way to do it is to open the post with the image in, select 'reply with quote' and the cut the image details from the quote in the text box, then open new thread and paste the details in.