Hello friends.

I've pretty much been teaching myself how to operate my 4x5 (a Sinar F2). A friend told me to not worry about all the levers and stuff and just do straight shots. That's exactly what I've been doing. Here are some sample shots:

A pond

That white house in Golden Gate Park

That thing between the Academy of Sciences and the De Young Museum...

But now, I want to start doing more "advanced" shots. That is, I want to start moving those levers, doing tilts and swings if I have to. Anyway, I live in San Francisco and I want to shoot the Ferry Building. I know that one of the advantages of the 4x5 is that you can put a tall building such as this one on the full plane not in perspective as you would if you were taking the picture with a 35mm camera. The other day I went there trying to get the shot (I knew that I would probably not be able to do so, but I didn't care), raising/dropping the front and rear standards, etc, and, sure enough, I wasn't able to get all of the building.

Anyway, can you guys give me step-by-step instructions on how to get the shot? This is what I want to get:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	architects4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	82190

Of course it wouldn't be an aerial or "from the top" shot. It would be ground level, but I want to get what they've captured in the image above: the tower and the structure below with the three arches in the middle (the box, as I call it). If the information I've gotten is right, the tower is 245 ft tall. So I don't know how far back I have to be in order to get all of it. Probably very far. Anyway, I hope you guys can help. Thanks.