Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use this 6x12 Chinese film back? Is it any good?

Re: Anyone use this 6x12 Chinese film back? Is it any good?

I bought two used 6x12 Horseman backs and they're really a joy to use, but incidentally both are scratching my films and I can't find anything wrong when looking inside them. These are fine parallel marks which happen mostly at the end of the films, but also sometimes during the whole lenght at more or less regular intervals, making me think that it could be somehow related to the pressure of the advance lever mechanism.
    Despite this problem, which I might fix anyway, I wouldn't consider other brand by now.
    By the way, at Badger's site there used to appear a 6x17 version, but I never saw one at the bay. Has anyone tried one?

First post here!

I know this is a zombie thread, but I've been using the Widepan 6x12 back for some time without any problems to report. They seem to appear for sale periodically, even unused. It's a well-made back and my findings might be useful to someone.

I wrote this about it on my blog a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
    First post here!

I know this is a zombie thread, but I've been using the Widepan 6x12 back for some time without any problems to report. They seem to appear for sale periodically, even unused. It's a well-made back and my findings might be useful to someone.

I wrote this about it on my blog a while ago.
    I bought one a while ago. Actually read your blog post before I did

I have only put a few rolls through it but it really feels like a solid piece of kit. Comparable in every aspect to the Horseman back I have.

Glad you found my blog post useful, Henrim!