Thread: Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II for Digital Negatives?

Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II for Digital Negatives?

Adorama currently has a great deal on the Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II. I've been thinking about learning to make digital negatives for alt process prints, most likely van Dyke and cyanotype prints to start. Can anyone tell me if this printer will yield good digital negatives? In searching around the web, I cannot find that much about Canon printers and digital negatives, which makes me think that maybe they're not ideal for that purpose.

Re: Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II for Digital Negatives?

You should be ok, give it a go , we use a Cannon 9000 for making digital negative, we are trying out a new Fuji product for this very purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cerbone View Post
    Adorama currently has a great deal on the Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II. I've been thinking about learning to make digital negatives for alt process prints, most likely van Dyke and cyanotype prints to start. Can anyone tell me if this printer will yield good digital negatives? In searching around the web, I cannot find that much about Canon printers and digital negatives, which makes me think that maybe they're not ideal for that purpose.