Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Post yer pinholes

Re: Post yer pinholes

Yes, indeed! The written information adds much to our appreciation of a fine pinhole photograph.

This has been a long time...

Attachment 124041

Fomapan 100 9x12 cm, HC-110 Dilution G, shot in a Zeiss Ikon Ideal plate camera with a pinhole in place of the lens. I don't recall the hole size or exposure time, but it was minutes, not hours.
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

from a few years ago at the Marten River Provincial Park in Ontario. 4x5 Lensless Camera, 75mm model. Pretty sure it's Forté film. Elements lined up well considering it was point and guess

Attachment 124044
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Okay, here's another one. Homemade camera, started out as the core from a roll of paper for a photo printing machine (not sure what kind); I saw the lab tossing it, and asked to take it home. Pinhole in one end, and it perfectly fits two sheets of 9x12 cm with the long dimensions wrapped around to make a 360 degree, 9x24 cm image. Use a compensating developer and the film latitude gives acceptable exposure all over. I call it the Three-60 Anamorph.

Attachment 124042

This was expired TXT (Tri-X Professional, the 320 speed variety), processed in Parodinal LF 1:50 in fully filled tubes, reduced agitation (agitation on filling, and fifteen seconds every three minutes thereafter; total time 16:30).

The rectangular monument in the lower right is the handle on the tripod head...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    from a few years ago at the Marten River Provincial Park in Ontario. 4x5 Lensless Camera, 75mm model. Pretty sure it's Forté film. Elements lined up well considering it was point and guess

Attachment 124044
    Super cool!

George Sheils

Quote Originally Posted by dasBlute View Post
    Really enjoy this, the leading lines, vignetting, and heroic perspective all combine to make a fine image, nice work!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, Tim !

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    Yes, indeed! The written information adds much to our appreciation of a fine pinhole photograph.
    Thanks, Jim. Much appreciated.

George.

Did a project with students; they built their own cardboard cameras (from kits, http://www.lochkamera-versand.de/), I brought my wooden box with the 4x5 sheet holders. Some of the results, scanned and inverted, were quite presentable!Attachment 124511
    Attachment 124512
    Attachment 124513

George Sheils

I love grasslands.
    They are such nice places to walk through, particularly in early summer when the growth is vigorous.

This picture is interesting because it indicates just how harsh the winter was in 2010/2011. Most unusual.
    Normally, Ireland has a temperate (i.e. damp) climate which doesn't get to record too much in the way of weather extremes. However, during that winter we had temperatures as low as minus 14 degrees c and heavy snow which meant that some plants and trees such as this Cordyline Australis (Palm) were killed. Cordylines are frost hardy only to about -5 degrees or so.

Dead Cordyline Palm - 5x4 pinhole by George Sheils (seoirseosial), on Flickr

5x4 diy pinhole
    f150; 45mm fl; 0.3mm pinhole diameter
    Fomapan 100 rated at 50 asa in Rodinal 1:100 for 30 mins semi stand
    Exposure time : 12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by George E. Sheils View Post
    I love grasslands.
    They are such nice places to walk through, particularly in early summer when the growth is vigorous.

This picture is interesting because it indicates just how harsh the winter was in 2010/2011. Most unusual.
    Normally, Ireland has a temperate (i.e. damp) climate which doesn't get to record too much in the way of weather extremes. However, during that winter we had temperatures as low as minus 14 degrees c and heavy snow which meant that some plants and trees such as this Cordyline Australis (Palm) were killed. Cordylines are frost hardy only to about -5 degrees or so.

5x4 diy pinhole
    George,

This is really well seen and captured!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by George E. Sheils View Post
    I love grasslands.

5x4 diy pinhole
    George

Your pinhole and zone plate images are always a treat to view

Ivan