Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Right price for Sinar P2?

Re: Right price for Sinar P2?

I think $2000 is pretty spot-on considering everything that's there. Parted out you could get at least that, so I'd say go for it. A good P2 is a wonderful machine, and soon enough you'll find yourself planning to have it buried with you some day.
    My darkroom used to be a meat freezer.

Thanks again
    So the price is a bit off but not very much?At the lo end its ok but in the highest end its a bit to much?
    The lense is a Sinaron S 210mm f:5.6.if that helps? Maybe some on can say if its a ok lens or something bether
    Still ,thanks and if someone stil want to have an saying thats just good ;D

That is a good standard lens for 4x5, it is often used for studio work and has a large image circle for 4x5, allowing generous movements. It would be a fine first and only lens to start with.

Without knowing the details, if it seems like a legitimate seller and the equipment is in good condition, why not offer about $1200 as a serious but low offer. Then negotiate up in small increments?

Remind the seller that if they sold it on eBay the seller would loose 15% of the sale price to fees. So even if a previous sale of a similar outfit went for $2000, it was only $1700 net. Also show the seller how many overpriced Sinar P2s have been for sale for several months on eBay, they do not sell very quickly. I predict a reasonable person would settle for around $1500 to make an easy, safe transaction.

You'll need other gear of course - a case for the camera (Tenba makes a nice one); more film holders; and a sturdy tripod (like a Gitzo 5-series in metal or Carbon Fiber).

I don't know about the transaction - use good judgement, there are scammers out there.

Like Frank says it's a great lens for a monorail (sharp with plenty of coverage) and maybe all you need.

The Sinaron S is a Sinar picked Rodenstock APO-Sironar-N.

Like I said earlier I have the Schneider Symmar which is a similar lens. The Schneider sells for about $200.00 more or less on Ebay.

Fantastic

Tanks allot

The seller is a studio photographer an she says she bought it for in the region of 13000$ many years ago

Thomas

Just remember that it doesn't matter what she originally paid, it's what it's worth now that matters.

It looks like a great kit. I hope you can make a deal on it.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

i have a sinar p and p2 and there is no difference exept black that i can tell....so you could save $1400 if you like silver.
    through a glass darkly...

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

oh the knobs are a bit different!
    through a glass darkly...

Having watched and sold in the North European market (including a P2), I think the lowest price she mentioned is nearly realistic (10K NKK). Perhaps, 8K!

There is virtually no market for these cameras and the weight/value makes safe sale across borders difficult and expensive.

"Just remember that it doesn't matter what she originally paid, it's what it's worth now that matters."

I have seen original owners advertise for months/years at stupid prices whilst their professional tools of yesterday slowly loose additional value!

Don't think that the set is necessarily "comprehensive" for your purposes! I can't see a Sinar Copal shutter and some of the extras are pretty dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    Having watched and sold in the North European market (including a P2), I think the lowest price she mentioned is nearly realistic (10K NKK). Perhaps, 8K!

There is virtually no market for these cameras and the weight/value makes safe sale across borders difficult and expensive.

"Just remember that it doesn't matter what she originally paid, it's what it's worth now that matters."

I have seen original owners advertise for months/years at stupid prices whilst their professional tools of yesterday slowly loose additional value!

Don't think that the set is necessarily "comprehensive" for your purposes! I can't see a Sinar Copal shutter and some of the extras are pretty dull.
    Hi Steven Tribe
    Thanks for your insight.If i understand you right.with a little patiens ill ought to get a camera like this for 8K NOk or even less? And you think i should offer her 8K NOk?
    And a newbie question (maybe a stupid one) : you say u cant see a Copal shutter , what will that meen to me?Extra cost or effort in any way?
    Again thanks and feel free to fill in info.As i said , im a newbie ;D
    Thomas