Thread: OS X Mountain Lion and Epson 3880 - printing problems

OS X Mountain Lion and Epson 3880 - printing problems

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has this combination? I'm having real problems printing from Lightroom 4 on Mountain Lion to my Epson 3880. I'm getting errors reporting "CHECK PAPER SOURCE IN THE DRIVER SETTINGS AND LOAD PAPER CORRECTLY" and I can't for the life of me see how it's incorrect. I'm specifying paper size in Lightroom and the default paper size in the driver is set to A3+. I've never had this problem before with Lightroom 4 and Lion. Just wondering if anyone has experienced any printing issues with a similar combination?

Cheers,

Welly

Re: OS X Mountain Lion and Epson 3880 - printing problems

I think something is funky with CS6 and Mountain Lion too. Hopefully Epson updates drivers soon.

(opps Still up... Movie)

Hi Welly,

I suggest that you offer more info on your printing setup, like what paper you used (fine art media like the Velvet paper for example needs to be loaded in the rear paper/media holder, behind the usual holder/slot for paper/media), is the paper/media EPSON or 3rd Party media, which paper/media holder you loaded the paper into, etc. Also, you might check ADOBE's and EPSON's websites to make sure that Mountain Lion is compatible with LightRoom 4 and your Epson printer driver.

Hope this helps.

Namaste
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDan View Post
    Hi Welly,

I suggest that you offer more info on your printing setup, like what paper you used (fine art media like the Velvet paper for example needs to be loaded in the rear paper/media holder, behind the usual holder/slot for paper/media), is the paper/media EPSON or 3rd Party media, which paper/media holder you loaded the paper into, etc. Also, you might check ADOBE's and EPSON's websites to make sure that Mountain Lion is compatible with LightRoom 4 and your Epson printer driver.

Hope this helps.

Namaste
    Daniel
    Hi Daniel,

I'm using Epson Traditional Photo Paper (known as Exhibition Fibre in the US) - 13x19. I've loaded it into the rear loader and find if I load it before printing, the thing reports the error I posted above whereas if I load it after I've started printing, it reports LOAD ERROR and then spits the paper out every time I load the sheet. I suspect the paper size in Lightroom is not corresponding to the paper size the printer thinks it's printing to but for the life of me can't figure out where I'm not setting the paper correct.

I'm sorely tempted to load Lion back onto my computer as I was having no issue with any software and Mountain Lion hasn't really given me anything new that I'd miss.

Welcome to Doofusville. Population - me.

So after throwing my toys out of my cot, swearing a considerable amount and reinstalling Lion, I discover the problem. Turns out I was trying to print from the sheet feeder but my paper was in the rear sheet loader.

Works now.

Hey, I've done exactly the same thing. If you're not paying attention, it's an easy thing to do.

I've recently upgraded to Lion, so I should make sure that everything is still working....

Quote Originally Posted by welly View Post
    Welcome to Doofusville. Population - me.

So after throwing my toys out of my cot, swearing a considerable amount and reinstalling Lion, I discover the problem. Turns out I was trying to print from the sheet feeder but my paper was in the rear sheet loader.

Works now.
    Absolutely hilarious I've never once been that silly. . .

I'm one step beyond and done it twice. Considering the amount of times I've spat the dummy with digital printing I think I need a new one :P