Thread: CC-403 light leak

CC-403 light leak

Hello, I have a Calumet CC-403 view camera. I was woundering if any one has ever experienced a light leak on the film by the end where the film is loaded. I can see a slight leak about 1/4 " all along that edge of the film. I have bought a new film holder, but the leak is still there. I even bought new springs and a new light seal, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

CC-403 light leak

This may seem like a stupid question but did you put the film holder in from the correct side. The first time I tried using my CC400 I put the holder in backwards and got a massive light leak. The bale that you pull the back out with is on the opposite side to where you insert the holder. I hope this is the problem because it is easier to fix than broken equipment.

CC-403 light leak

No, the picture that I get is fine, just a constant slight light leak at the edge of the film that has the notches. The image of the pictures are there. It just has a slight light leak for about a 1/4 " at that edge.

CC-403 light leak

Does it look something like this?

http://www.photo.net/photodb/image-display?photo_id=845817&size=md

CC-403 light leak

Yes, very similar, except whereas your example looks more like a line, my light leak is the 1/4" area that is lighter.

CC-403 light leak

I am not sure what happened in that case but in the rest of the film I have shot it is not apparent. I am sorry I haven't been much help.

CC-403 light leak

Thanks so much for your input. A friend of mine just gave me another possibility. He said that some old cameras loose their black flat finish and that area next to the holder is liable to begin to cause a slight glare internally. I am going to spray paint that area and see if that corrects problem. Thanks again for your help.