Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinar 8x10 reflex viewing hood

Hatrick
    Australian citizen residing in north eastern end of Maryland, USA,

Sinar 8x10 reflex viewing hood

I'm fabricating a reflex viewer for a Sinar 8x10 P2MB and am in need of a Sinar 8x10 P2 reflex viewing hood so as to take precise measurements for the purpose of designing the sheet metal components that will complete the fabricated assembly. I live in Delaware and would like to hear from any one who would like to assist me in gathering this information.
    The main frame mounting plate I have, just need to add the housing and mirror details.
    Regards, Patrick.
    pat.henderson53@gmail.com

Re: Sinar 8x10 reflex viewing hood

I have never heard of an 8x10 one, but have fantasized about it. I would be very interested if you accomplish this. I do think you need a front silvered mirror.
    Good luck

Couldn't one just scale up a 4x5 viewer? Anyone have access to a 3D scanner? If one could make a 3D scan of a 4x5 viewer, it would be easy to scale up and print the housing by 3DP. I suppose it could be done manually, by recording the critical dimensions of a 4x5 viewer and scaling them up for traditional fabrication. I'd like to have one, too. It would be huge! Maybe easier to buy the Sinar item?

Did Sinar make one? You can use the regular binocular viewer on an 8x10 bellows, but that's not a reflex viewer.

I am pretty sure this is not a item that exists, but the 5x4 is not complicated, it has a front silvered mirror at 45 degrees and an adjustment arm , in fact ebay has many of them for sale right now an example bing here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sinar-Binocu...#ht_1589wt_952

Also interested

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Did Sinar make one? You can use the regular binocular viewer on an 8x10 bellows, but that's not a reflex viewer.
    I thought I saw one in an ebay auction with a whole 8x10 Sinar P outfit, but maybe I'm mistaken.

on eb.y?

Hatrick

Thank's for all the replies, I have seen this item (3 in total) on eBay at least 3 times between 2008 and 2010 I believe that the item was a Sinar manufactured product, one of them even had the Sinar circular logo attached, the reason I did not purchase the item off eBay is that they sold upwards of $700 and considering I would have to spend time adapting it to my 8x10 P2 (meter back) therefore decided at the time that I would rather design and build one for myself. I just can't remember if the Sinar 8x10 reflex viewer's sighted on eBay were built for a P camera or a P2 camera.

Hatrick

Right, the project of constructing the 8 x 10 SINAR reflex viewer is under way, have found three photos of a SINAR P product and have arranged for a 5mm Aluminum sheet to be laser cut to fit the P2MB back it's now a matter of scaling the photos to come up with the panel shapes, I guess there will be a bit of trial and error to perfect the assembly, mirror will be cut as soon as I arrive at the correct shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090968.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	83066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-03 at 12.05.10 PM.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	83067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-03 at 12.06.44 PM.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	83068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 7.01.48 PM.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	83069