Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Ries bag.

Cheap Ries bag.

Cheap - not commonly associated with the word Ries. If you are looking for a padded carry bag for your Ries A100 w/A250 head you might want to check out Feedback Sports Tote Bags which they designed for their bicycle repair stands. Padded heavy nylon fabric, double heavy-duty zippers, a carry handle which works surprisingly well as a shoulder strap - $30. Fits the A100 [with the head tilted vertically] like it was made for it. A shipping container it ain't, but for protecting your beautiful tripod in the trunk of the car or back of the pick-up it's perfect. There are two models - the one for the 'Pro-Elite', 'Pro-Classic' and 'Sport Mechanic' stands is the one which works. Search 'Feedback Sports Tote Bags' on Google or Amazon or whatever and there are any number of sellers. I think I saw one place which had it for $25. The Ries carrying case is probably a wonderful piece of work but at $230 who can afford it after spending many $ for their tripod? No, I'm not associated w/Feedback Sports or the bicycling industry - I'm just a cyclist with a big, honking camera and a beautiful Ries tripod which I happened to notice fit my repair stand bag. Cheers, -Chris

Re: Cheap Ries bag.

cool, nice catch !

btw the Ries bags are gorgeous and seriously over-engineered. Mine is sheep-skin wool lined ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bose View Post
    cool, nice catch !

btw the Ries bags are gorgeous and seriously over-engineered. Mine is sheep-skin wool lined ...
    Woah! When they say fleece lined I assumed synthetic polartec-type fleece. Those people don't know how to cut corners, do they? I'm almost embarrased to admit that of all my camera and optical gear the A100 most impresses me - a simple tool well executed.

A bag for my Ries? The way I thrash it, putting it in a bag to protect it from my car is just be plain silly. Now, putting the Ries in a bag to protect my car is not a bad idea.

Which reminds me, I need to re-sharpen the pointy things on the ends of the legs. Mine have worn down to mellow knobs.

Vaughn

Great suggestion, Chris..many thanks.

You posted Wednesday (9/22), I ordered it from a WA outfit that evening, and received it in NY today (9/25).

Good snug fit (with the head tilted all the way), heavy duty nylon with a bit of padding; nice zipper and a good set of handles. I'm quite pleased.

$19.50 plus $9.20 for the USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail. Search: http://www.aspirevelotech.com for TOTE01.

Charley

Charley,
    Yeah, it's really satisfying to find something which works so well for so little expense. Glad you are happy with it.
    -Chris

An old thread I know...Just wanted to bring this to the attention of others who could use it. I received mine today and it fits the Ries A100/A200 perfectly! It is also well made. Money well spent.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F2U6I8/...760_B1_sw_dp_1

Thanks civich!

Quote Originally Posted by civich View Post
    Woah! When they say fleece lined I assumed synthetic polartec-type fleece.
    Those people don't know how to cut corners, do they?
    Maybe Ries bags do have real fleece ... their bags cost $200-240!

Here’s their own description:

Our carrying cases are made of durable, weatherproof cordura on a sturdy but lightweight frame of foam rubber, and are lined with fleece. All cases are monogrammed with our logo and come with full-length zipper, white piping, and both hand and shoulder strap.

Hmm, now I’m thinking Ries should offer carrying bags for their carrying bags.

BTW, their “backpacker” tripods come w/ their own carrying case – not fleece-lined, but still fantastic.

Two and a half years later, my bag is still going strong - no complaints whatsoever.

Thanks, again, civich!

Charley

funkadelic

How would this work for hauling lighting/reflector stands?
    2-3 stands maybe?