Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got my first LF Camera - Kodak 2D!!

txc500

Just got my first LF Camera - Kodak 2D!!

Greetings All,

I am the proud new owner of a Kodak 2D, my first LF camera. I am totally new to this, but eager to learn. The first step has been taken though...I have a camera! I live in Rochester NY, home of Kodak, so it's a natural that I found this vintage camera here.

It's beautiful, has beautiful red bellows, a Wollensak Lens, the extension rail, tilt accessory, tripod slide block, Crown No. 4 tripod and the original case!

Thanks for looking! Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG2544.jpg   IMAG2540.jpg   IMAG2536.jpg  

Re: Just got my first LF Camera - Kodak 2D!!

Wow! That's a BEAUTIFUL camera! Now I wonder whether I should have reconsidered one of these! Lucky you! Is that a 5x7? From looking at that gleaming hardware, it looks like it was either lovingly used only a little, or hardly used at all. Great find and good luck with your LF endeavor. I just got - well, still waiting to get - my 8x10, so I have some discovery ahead of me too. Make sure to post once you start making some images and seeing how you like LF.

Phil aka "Cletus"

txc500

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Wow! That's a BEAUTIFUL camera! Now I wonder whether I should have reconsidered one of these! Lucky you! Is that a 5x7? From looking at that gleaming hardware, it looks like it was either lovingly used only a little, or hardly used at all. Great find and good luck with your LF endeavor. I just got - well, still waiting to get - my 8x10, so I have some discovery ahead of me too. Make sure to post once you start making some images and seeing how you like LF.

Phil aka "Cletus"
    Yes, it is a 5X7. Thanks!

It is really beautiful... What a pity cameras like this don't grow here, overseas..
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Lovely. It's a great camera (I have 2 of them) - yours is in wonderful condition.

Post some of your photos when you get a chance.

It's BEAUTIFUL! (I wish mine was in this kind of condition -- maybe if I got off me arse and polished the brass.)
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

What a beauty! Enjoy it!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

A 2d is a nice camera. I have the 8x10 version. Yours looks to be in very nice shape. The metal parts, in particular, look great. Having the tripod block and extension rail is a very good thing. The Raptor should be a pretty good lens, and the 5x7 is a very nice size. Enjoy!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Wow, beautiful camera. I've had two 8x10 2Ds. I thought the first one was the best looking 2D on the planet but yours may be better. I never heard of the tilt accessory, I thought the only accessories for the 2D were the sliding tripod block and the rear extension rail. Is the tilt thing something Kodak made specifically for the 2D or is it a generic thing or made by someone else?
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

txc500

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    Wow, beautiful camera. I've had two 8x10 2Ds. I thought the first one was the best looking 2D on the planet but yours may be better. I never heard of the tilt accessory, I thought the only accessories for the 2D were the sliding tripod block and the rear extension rail. Is the tilt thing something Kodak made specifically for the 2D or is it a generic thing or made by someone else?
    I am not sure about the manufacturer of the tilt, but the hardware seems to match the camera exactly.