Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drought?

drought?

any one else feel guilty for developing film while most of the us is in a drought?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Re: drought?

No. Use hypo-clear before you wash, and the soak-and-dump method doesn't use a lot of water at all. If you are really feeling "green" then you can save your rinse water and dump it on the lawn or the garden.

(If you think that industry doesn't use a lot of water, wow, are you mistaken!)
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    No. Use hypo-clear before you wash, and the soak-and-dump method doesn't use a lot of water at all. If you are really feeling "green" then you can save your rinse water and dump it on the lawn or the garden.

(If you think that industry doesn't use a lot of water, wow, are you mistaken!)

+1

Dan

Skip a shower the day you develop film and you'll be ahead of the game with regards to water usage.
    Erik

According to the USGS thermo-electric power generation uses 49% of the water in the US. You do turn off the lights when you process film don't you? See you're not only saving electricity, but water too....

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wasserman View Post
    According to the USGS thermo-electric power generation uses 49% of the water in the US. You do turn off the lights when you process film don't you? See you're not only saving electricity, but water too....
    we have a well and i use a day light tank :P

I buy distilled water .. use hypo-clear... besides where i live we use desalination ... as long as there is power, we will have water. Besides you cant drink it or give to your animals because of heavy chlorination. I only take a shower ever other day so i saved any water that i would have used on film.

I live in a region where environmental radicalism is the norm, but that’s not exactly what got me hooked on using TMax RS developer as a replenishing developer (as opposed to a one-shot developer) – a process that can give the environment a break.

What got me hooked was the silky smoothness, rich tonality, and agreeable results when I use it to process TMax-100 film.

I suspect the average age here means that most of us learned “reduce, reuse, recycle” from our children, not our teachers.

Nope. It's just my wife and me and we have meager daily use of water. Our neighbors all have three or four kids whcih means tons of water use..we use way less than the average household..

As a white male I'm supposed to feel guilty about so many things that it's hard to remember them all. But using water to process film is at the bottom of the list, at least as I remember the list.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.