Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Format Interiors

cpercy

Large Format Interiors

'Vase on the Mantle'

Since I don't consider this a still life and others do not consider this "Urban" or "Landscape" I have started this new thread for just this sort of thing.
    So feel free to post anything you consider an interior (even if its not).

Re: Large Format Interiors

elegant
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

"Cup" La Purisima Mission

4x5, Cooke 3.5, Delta 100

I got lucky on this shot. My release throw was too short for the Betax shutter and it stuck.
    I lost my count but I happened to have the lens cap in my hand so I guessed and quickly capped the lens.

After that I checked all my releases and found one that worked.

Not a very interesting image, I really just wanted to get its shadow on the wall but there wasn't the room.

r

My Mother's Kitchen

Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa MCC 111 VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.6cm X 24.5cm, exposed in contact with a 8"X10" Tmax 400 negative from a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a 121mm f8 Schneider Super-Angulon lens.

The kitchen and the dining space beyond are a budget 1960's design that was never changed apart from the floor which shows three different surfaces of vinyl and carpet. This is my mother's kitchen the day after she departed on the ineluctable journey into mortality via a nursing home and various hospitals. The place is spotless, there is no dust. The funny mugs still line up above the door on the left. The refrigerator purrs quietly and the biscuit barrel on top of it contains chocolate creams. The kettle on the table invites tea-making and the bowl of fruit on the bench beyond beckons deliciously. Candles and candelabras are ready to hand if the lights fail at night. The heat is off and the room is cold but bright with the same morning light that has caressed the window and lace curtains for the last forty years. Her old spectacles are in their usual place on the bench. She has taken her new pair to the place she is going.

I ask myself in what state I would leave my house knowing that I will not be coming back. And you, what would you do?
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

Wonderful image Maris, and I assume one with many happy memories, however I just cannot help feeling a touch sad as I sit and look at it.
    Cheers Shane

Lachlan 717

Love it, Maris! And I'm with Shane - something quite melancholic to it (in a good way, if that's possible).
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

cpercy

Quote Originally Posted by Maris Rusis View Post

My Mother's Kitchen

Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa MCC 111 VC FB photographic paper, image size 19.6cm X 24.5cm, exposed in contact with a 8"X10" Tmax 400 negative from a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a 121mm f8 Schneider Super-Angulon lens.

The kitchen and the dining space beyond are a budget 1960's design that was never changed apart from the floor which shows three different surfaces of vinyl and carpet. This is my mother's kitchen the day after she departed on the ineluctable journey into mortality via a nursing home and various hospitals. The place is spotless, there is no dust. The funny mugs still line up above the door on the left. The refrigerator purrs quietly and the biscuit barrel on top of it contains chocolate creams. The kettle on the table invites tea-making and the bowl of fruit on the bench beyond beckons deliciously. Candles and candelabras are ready to hand if the lights fail at night. The heat is off and the room is cold but bright with the same morning light that has caressed the window and lace curtains for the last forty years. Her old spectacles are in their usual place on the bench. She has taken her new pair to the place she is going.

I ask myself in what state I would leave my house knowing that I will not be coming back. And you, what would you do?
    Maris, I can't say which I like better the image or your description, both are beautiful.

cpercy--good idea for a thread. Fills in a missing category, if you ask me.

Maris--great story (yet sad) and great photo.

Toyo 45A, Rodenstock 90mm Grandagon, 4x5 T-Max 400.

Jonathan

Maris,

It is the emptiness among the daily symbols of life that makes the heart ache. Well done.

Maris -

Sometimes the written word adds a new depth and emotion to a photograph. Very lovely tribute.