Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a link to a manual for the Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5?

Question Do you have a link to a manual for the Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5?

Hello folks,

I'm looking for a link to the manual for this camera. Have any of you seen a scan of it online?

Re: Do you have a link to a manual for the Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5?

Lots of Plaubel Peco Profia Info in this thread:

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...el+peco+profia

4x5 Plaubel Peco Profia 90mm F6.3 Komura Original 90mm Komura Hood by Nokton48, on Flickr

The lens hood cost nearly as much as the lens! LOL

Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5 ready for shooting architectural, Profia Bag Bellows, ingenious clamping 4x5 film holder (best I have seen!), Profia Monocular Magnifier/Bag Bellows on the back for stylish comfortable viewing. In the original Profia catalog is the 90mm F6.3 Komura in Seiko Shutter. The Lenshood for this lens is humungeous and attention getting. The Julius Shulman inspired modded Leitz Tiltall tripod is perfect, quick and dependable to use, quite solid after a few seconds. Sharp enough to make big prints. I also have the matching 75mm F6.3, the humungeous companion to this lens. Both of these lenses recess into the Profia Recessed board, this board will also accomodate all of my Makiflex boards, and also my Peco Jr boards, with the additional stepdown board, which I cobbled together with stuff from the parts box.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 30-Sep-2023 at 05:23.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Thank you! I am pressed for time at the moment but I will be back to admire your pic and ask some questions. Probably on Sunday.

Hello, thanks again.

Nice setup! Also, I will go through that forum link.

My focusing screen is so dim although I have a F4.7 lens. It's hard to focus with. Can you show me a better picture of what you have surrounding your focusing screen? I think something similar to the rear shade on a Graflex Crown Graphic would be super helpful. I'm not sure what they made for that.
    Last edited by Certain Exposures; 30-Sep-2023 at 16:50. Reason: clarifying question

Profia 101 No 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Profia 101 No 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

This Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5 Graphic Back has a clamping mechanism that is the best design I have ever seen. It's clamped in place so very smooth and precise. Fast too.

Profia 101 No 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

There is a Guy on Ebay that custom cuts fresnels, see the two on the right hand side. I had to cut four slots with a dremel, to accomodate the clips. One locked in, the other needed strips of Scotch Magic Tape to hold it down. Works good and removable. Fresnel side has to face the glass. The back in the upper left takes RADA 9x12cm Single Shot Metal Plates, so the European Way. The other three are Graflex Graphic 4x5 Bail Backs.

Profia 101 No 4 by Nokton48, on Flickr

TTL Metering on the groundglass with the Plaubel Peco Profia Lunasix Adapter. Works good! Needs Bag Bellows on the back, for proper viewing. Which I also have

Profia 101 No 5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

I sawed a long rail in half, to get two Short Rails. Necessary for Wide Work
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 3-Oct-2023 at 05:38.

― Mark Twain

Thank you for all of these photographs! I meant to reply to you much earlier. I got confused because I also posted this question on another forum.

What ground glass is that in the bottom left corner of picture 4? Did it come with your camera? I think the bottom right is that same ground glass with the fresnel attached behind it, right? Who was the eBay seller?

Yes the two lower groundglass backs are the same, they came with USA cameras. The one on the right has a fresnel from this Guy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14526544482...=20001&mkevt=1

Give him your GG dimensions measured in millimeters. I used a Dremel with cutting wheel to cut slots out where the clips get in the way. Then I attached the Fresnel smooth side out, and secured it with two strips of Scotch Magic Tape. So removable but sometimes I take it off, when I want to see more detail on the glass. Works good for me for framing the shot and focusing. Using a dark cloth, the bottom two backs work fine for me.

Profia 101 No 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

The back at the top right came to me from Japan, it is an amazing design in my eyes. And it has clips to put a Monocular Viewer/Bag Bellows on the back, my favorite way of viewing.

― Mark Twain

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    The back at the top right came to me from Japan, it is an amazing design in my eyes. And it has clips to put a Monocular Viewer/Bag Bellows on the back, my favorite way of viewing.
    Is this Japanese back called a "Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5 Graphic Back"? I'm searching for it on eBay. I do want to try out the monocular viewer/bag bellows combo.

Not sure what it's called. Mine has a missing Plaubel badge, which would list what it is. It's same grey finish as the camera itself, but be careful, they made a lot of different models.

I would look for one that looks like mine, using the photos as a guide. Or perhaps somebody here knows?

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    Not sure what it's called. Mine has a missing Plaubel badge, which would list what it is. It's same grey finish as the camera itself, but be careful, they made a lot of different models.

I would look for one that looks like mine, using the photos as a guide. Or perhaps somebody here knows?
    Seems not! Thank you for replying though. I lost this thread for a while among all the others.