Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Plaubel Peco Profia

Re: Plaubel Peco Profia

I don't know, but I can say that I have several Peco Profia boards that mount on my Universal II just fine. I don't know if the reverse is true.

This cool original brochure just arrived from Germany. Enjoy.

Plaubel Peco Profia Brochure 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Profia Brochure 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Profia Brochure 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Profia Brochure 4 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Profia Brochure 5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Profia Brochure 6 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Good stuff Daniel - Thanks for showing it.

Plaubel Profi Stativ 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Profi Stativ 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Collecting camera literature is fun sub-hobby. Twenty five years ago I wandered into MPX Photo on High St and they had SIX of these Profi Stativ camera stands. I was offered one for a hundred bucks, so into the back of my white Aerostar Minivan it went. Needed helpers to deal with the weight at each end. Mine was too long for my studio apartment ceiling, so I cut it down with a manual hacksaw. Has some surface rust I need to deal with on the column. And now I see I need an ACCESSORY TRAY installed (can be generic) to hold 8x10 and smaller planfilm holders. I want to restore it to original as possible BTW I two of the Plaubel Pan-Tilt Heads you see here. These are the best Heads for anything Profia or Makiflex. Equal to, and in some ways superior to, the olde Norma Pan Tilt Heads which are my favorite. These Plaubel Profia units will hold up a brick house LOL
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 31-Jul-2022 at 07:02.

― Mark Twain

4x5 Plaubel Peco Profia 90mm F6.3 Komura Original 90mm Komura Hood by Nokton48, on Flickr

The lens hood cost nearly as much as the lens! LOL

Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5 ready for shooting architectural, Profia Bag Bellows, ingenious clamping 4x5 film holder (best I have seen!), Profia Monocular Magnifier/Bag Bellows on the back for stylish comfortable viewing. In the original Profia catalog is the 90mm F6.3 Komura in Seiko Shutter. The Lenshood for this lens is humungeous and attention getting. The Julius Shulman inspired modded Leitz Tiltall tripod is perfect, quick and dependable to use, quite solid after a few seconds. Sharp enough to make big prints. I also have the matching 75mm F6.3, the humungeous companion to this lens. Both of these lenses recess into the Profia Recessed board, this board will also accomodate all of my Makiflex boards, and also my Peco Jr boards, with the additional stepdown board, which I cobbled together with stuff from the parts box.

― Mark Twain

Plaubel Peco Profia 75mm f6.8 Komura by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Profia 4x5 ready for shooting architectural, Profia Bag Bellows, ingenious clamping 4x5 film holder (best I have seen!), Profia Monocular Magnifier/Bag Bellows on the back for stylish comfortable viewing. In the original Profia catalog is the 75mm F6.3 Komura in Seiko Shutter. The Julius Shulman inspired modded Leitz Tiltall tripod is perfect, quick and dependable to use, quite solid after a few seconds. Sharp enough to make big prints. I also have the matching 90mm F6.3, the humungeous companion to this lens. Both of these lenses recess into the Profia Recessed board, this board will also accomodate all of my Makiflex boards, and also my Peco Jr boards, with the additional stepdown board, which I cobbled together with stuff from the parts box.

I'll bet they made a hood for this I've never seen one.

― Mark Twain

I think this is 97307 Camera Back 4x5 with spring loaded ground glass frame, for U.S. double sheet film holders and the Polaroid P500 holder PS 1/333 $86

Peco Profia 4x5 Graflex Plate Holder 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Profia Graflex Plate Holder. Step 1: Squeeze the tabs together, pull outwards until the mechanism is fully open, at which point it locks in open position. At that point it will accept plate holder.

SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Holder Step 2: The mechanism is locked fully open ready to accept Graflex plate holder

SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr

Peco Profia Step 3: Graflex Plate Holder inserted which releases spring tension, clamping around the holder. When the rear portion closes down onto the holder, it is not going anywhere, very tight arrangement. The spring loaded tabs have snapped back to original position.

― Mark Twain

Komura 75mm F6.3 Peco Profia Darkroom Store Viewing Hood by Nokton48, on Flickr

Komura 75mm F6.3 Seiko had a bad cable socket, which Mac at Camtronics was able to replace. So now the cable release fits tightly with no wobble, and I can use the lens. Nice and bright and very sharp to look through. It is in the Plaubel catalogs so it was recommended for the Peco Profia. To complete using it, an Ednalite Magnifer, and a vinyl lightproof hood, from Fred Newman/Darkroom Store, make for very pleasant viewing. I can back my head up, and see the entire screen at once. This can be a feat with LF wideangle lenses. This one is SWEET to look through, plan to do some upcoming shoots with it. Octabox 150 David Maheu background. I just bought six new ones from David, he was closing them out.

― Mark Twain