Re: Plaubel Peco Profia

Here is what I have. Study it before buying

Plaubel Peco Profia Catalog 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Profia Catalog 2jpg by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Daniel, thanks for the catalog .. that is a big help. I changed my search criteria and came up with three new recessed boards for sale, two of which do have Plaubel code numbers marked.

tomwilliams - sorry for my late reply. The Plaubel part numbers are bewildering to say the least. I am sure Daniel's catalog will be a huge help. I believe in general some of the 1960's cameras started with a PN/ prefix and the later cameras use a PS/ prefix. I am sure you know there are many other prefixes unique to each camera!

I should have posted pictures and not the eBay links. I forgot the forum rules but I am glad the moderators left the links in place. I have learned a great deal about obscure parts and machinery from eBay pictures.

― Mark Twain

Thanks for posting the rare Plaubel literature Daniel Unkefer!

No prob Rivitgun. Thought you would enjoy it.

Restored Peco Profia no 2 and Norma No 6 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here is my nearly restored Peco Profia #2 with bag bellows front and back, and 210mm Sinar chrome Symmar. Plaubel Peco Profia Pan Tilt Head provides solidity and precision with new tripod just arrived. FOBA AFLAE tripod is perfect match to Profia surprisingly light. Incredibly expensive but I got super deal so why not? This will be great in the field even in wind. Infinitely extendable leg height with FOBA Combitubes which I have in varying lengths.

The clamping mechanism on this 4x5 Profia film back is amazingly designed and clamps the plate very tightly. WOW it's smooth and secure to use. Recommended if you can find one.

― Mark Twain

I have a Plaubel Peco 5x7, and it uses these strange 1-sided film holders. Did they ever make a standard 5x7 back for my camera?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Can you post a picture? There are many variants around. Somebody here should know. I've seen Peco Profia 5x7s complete so I would guess they did make something for your camera.

In Europe single sided plate holders were very popular. I have quite a few varieties for various Plaubels. These are most likely 13x18cm, things are metric over there. Film should be available for your holders through European dealers

Recently I have cut Fuji HRU XRAY film into 13x18cm sheets to go into some of my old holders. Very economical and makes nice sized contact prints.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 21-Jan-2021 at 13:00.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    I have a Plaubel Peco 5x7, and it uses these strange 1-sided film holders. Did they ever make a standard 5x7 back for my camera?
    I ran into this issue when I got my 5x7 Peco Profia from Germany. It came with both a back for the one sided holder as well as the back for double sided holders. The back for the single sided holders is a PR 1/337 and accepts RADA sheet and plate film holders. The term "million rail" ? is used with these holders. I have no idea what that term means or refers to. The standard back with the spring loaded ground glass accepts the double sided holders and is identified by PR 1/333.
    Hope this helps.
    Gord

Thanks, Gord and Daniel. Both answers are helpful. I think I just learned that I have 13x18 and not 5x7 holders. I'll try to put some film in tonight and see what happens. Now that I have a part number to look for, maybe I can finish my camera.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!