Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobackpacker Cascade Film holder

Re: Photobackpacker Cascade Film holder

Wow, this is good news ! It makes the price much more attractive, so I'll get one !

Thanks
    Laurent

Just goes to show you that part of the value (maybe a big part) is the guy who makes and sells them! I have 2 of the 8x10 Cascades and I love 'em. I'm still using F.64s for my 4x5 holders and thinking about converting to the Cascades for that too. The added value in the great customer service that comes with these cases makes them one of the best deals going these days. Thanks Bruce!

/boozy rant

This is one of the things I love about this format. Despite what was said in a previous thread, it is a community. The fact we can talk directly to people who are building cameras, making essential tools to make our lives easier and to talk to professional photographers who are out there using this format is wonderful. I don't think this happens anywhere close to as much with smaller formats.

Ok Bruce, now you got me!
    Order on it's way!
    C
    Quote Originally Posted by Photobackpacker View Post
    By popular demand, I have introduced flat rate economy shipping for my international customers who want to buy the Cascade Film Holder Cases. I will ship a single Cascade Film Holder case (any format) anywhere in the world for $14.00. I will ship 2 film holder cases (again any size) anywhere in the world for a flat rate price of $19.00.

All of these shipments will be via USPS First Class Mail. This is very close to my domestic UPS shipping price and is as inexpensive as I can make it.

Bruce
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

... and another.
    My old laptop bag was used for carrying 8x10 holders but it's starting to fall apart. Was ready to pay one of our local fashionister-hipster bag outlets a visit when I stumbled across this thread.
    A fantastic idea at a very reasonable price. Good on 'ya Bruce.

Why or how is this better than the other options. Ziploc bags, other brands, etc.. Not bashing it, just asking.

Shooter,

Once you see it in person, you'll wonder why you even asked. Incredibly well made, designed around actual usage instead of looks, total convenience when tethered to the tripod or hand carried, little conveniences like the black or white tabs that let you tell at a glance whether a section has exposed or unexposed film without having to open the zipper. It is simply a super well thought through design based on field usage and needs.

A couple of weeks ago, I was on an architectural shoot that involved several sites over a fair sized apartment community. Earlier, I would have taken the entire Zone VI bag over my shoulder just to have space for all the holders I needed. This time, since I knew I only needed one lens, I could simply slip the meter in my pocket, toss the tripod with camera and Cascade attached over one shoulder and be off to the locations with minimal weight and excess gear to deal with. I'm in love with it.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    Why or how is this better than the other options. Ziploc bags, other brands, etc.. Not bashing it, just asking.
    It's easy and to rob a quote/sales pitch, "It just works". I feel much safer with this than ziploc bags etc. I can mark which film I have in which holder really easily and know from a glance what film I have and whether it's been exposed or not, it folds up well, it keeps everything together in one place. It's well, well worth the $60 it costs.

Do this with a baggie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	404584_2813486292622_181758308_n.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	83797

I just got mine from Bruce, through the auction site. It only took eight days to get to Spain.
    I am impressed and pleased with its quality and great design. Great price also (60 USD or 47 EUR).
    I'll be buying a couple more in the near future.
    Thanks Photobackpacker!!!!!