Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobackpacker Cascade Film holder

Photobackpacker Cascade Film holder

I don't normally endorse items that I buy, but I've got to put in a big plus vote for the Photobackpacker Cascading Film Holder that arrived today.

I ordered it based on the product video posted in another thread. It arrived in sooner than anticipated and looks far better made than I expected. Great and super well thought out engineering, plus, for my opinion, much better than the Gnass that I used to use (which was also terrific). Anyway, I can't wait to get out in the field with this and actually use it.

Great job Bruce.

Thanks!!!!
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Re: Photobackpacker Cascade Film holder

Aye. I shall join that praise. I love mine, especially when working outside of studio.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    Aye. I shall join that praise. I love mine, especially when working outside of studio.
    Is there a way to get it in Europe for a normal price ? I'm drooling over it but the postage would double the price, and I'd rather buy film for this amount.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurentB View Post
    Is there a way to get it in Europe for a normal price ? I'm drooling over it but the postage would double the price, and I'd rather buy film for this amount.
    With carrier pigeons. I.e you can ask someone who going over to bring you one
    I do travel across quite a bit, but i never go through France, unfortunately, or i'd help.

Even at adding the postage, it might be worth it. There is so much more engineering, protection, and useful ideas built into this thing than in the Gnass, it makes it well worth it. I think the last Gnass 4x5 holder I saw go on ebay for nearly $100.00, so the added protection, and other features on the Cascade would totally make it worth that to me.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Btw. I know its not designed for it, but single pouch can actually hold 2 4x5 plastic holders, if you are seriously need to cramp few more in - there is enough space to make it to about 10 holders in cascade.. I had to do it couple times, when was doing even photography and didnt have time to swap shot holders with fresh ones.

Handy accessory - painters tape - you can write iso and remarks on those wee windows , or you can write it on tape and just glue/unglue it there. Makes me life easier

Oh and if i may - one critique. While i love idea of having round velcro's to show that holder was shot - they do get caught when cascade collapsed and sometime you do get false indication.

I received a PhotoBacker camera case for my 8x10. Also included a removable handle/shoulder strap. Very well thought-out and made.

Barrie B. Melbourne, Australia Barrie B.'s Avatar

Greetings from Australia - I find mine very well made AND works well in the field , with either double darks OR the odd 6 load Graflex holder which also fits ,
    All of Bruce`s products are well made ----- Cheers Barrie B.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by lenser View Post
    I don't normally endorse items that I buy, but I've got to put in a big plus vote for the Photobackpacker Cascading Film Holder that arrived today.

I ordered it based on the product video posted in another thread. It arrived in sooner than anticipated and looks far better made than I expected. Great and super well thought out engineering, plus, for my opinion, much better than the Gnass that I used to use (which was also terrific). Anyway, I can't wait to get out in the field with this and actually use it.

Great job Bruce.

Thanks!!!!

Lachlan 717

Now, if they'd only make them for 7x17...
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by LaurentB View Post
    If you are not in a hurry, order your film holder case, I will ship it via first class mail and refund the difference. I don't offer first class since the size restrictions make it applicable only to smaller items. I shipped one the other day and it arrived in 8 days at about 1/2 the cost of Priority Mail.
    Bruce