Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help: Seiko shutter hole diameter for lensboard fujinon 250 f/6.7

Re: Help: Seiko shutter hole diameter for lensboard fujinon 250 f/6.7

I don't have the flange/retaining ring for mine so I can only give you the thread diameters. A Copal/Compur 1 has a 39mm flange thread while the Seiko shutter on mine has a 46mm flange thread. I'm guessing you would need a 50mm hole in your lens board.

Note that the front cell on a Copal 1 is a 40mm thread while the rear is a 36mm thread. On the 250/6.7 WS both the front and rear cells have a 42mm thread. While I'm at it, the largest aperture diameter is 30mm and the length between mount faces is 26mm. It is a decidedly non standard shutter, but more like a large Copal 1 than a small Compur 2 or 3.

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by tenderobject View Post
    Just a bump. I recently got a Fujinon WS 250 6.7 from the bay. I'm curious what size of the hole needed for lensboard since the shutter is Seiko 1 i think. Anyone?

Thank you!
    A Seiko 1 shutter will fit in a Copal#1 lens board hole. At least mine does.

thanks paul. i will look for more info. i need exact diameter because i'm planning to buy one for my KMV which is abit expensive for error!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ewins View Post
    I don't have the flange/retaining ring for mine so I can only give you the thread diameters. A Copal/Compur 1 has a 39mm flange thread while the Seiko shutter on mine has a 46mm flange thread. I'm guessing you would need a 50mm hole in your lens board.

Note that the front cell on a Copal 1 is a 40mm thread while the rear is a 36mm thread. On the 250/6.7 WS both the front and rear cells have a 42mm thread. While I'm at it, the largest aperture diameter is 30mm and the length between mount faces is 26mm. It is a decidedly non standard shutter, but more like a large Copal 1 than a small Compur 2 or 3.

It might be best to wait for the lens to turn up and then measure it just in case there are two versions of the lens. I'm confident that my one is not a Seiko #1 but that doesn't mean that the 250/6.7 wasn't redesigned to fit in a regular #1 shutter. The aperture diameter of 30mm is the same as in a #1 shutter, so it would still have an f6.7 max aperture. When the Compound #4 shutters went out of production Schneider was able to rejig the 360/5.6 Symmar to fit into the smaller Copal 3 where it became the 355/6.8 Symmar. Apart from the max aperture it was the same lens, both versions had an actual f/l of 358mm.

thank you paul. i think that would be better. my lens is in transit now. i will try to have my friend measure the diameter of the lensboard that comes with it.

my fujinon 250 is WS not the usual W. not sure what is the difference between these versions.. anyone can chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ewins View Post
    It might be best to wait for the lens to turn up and then measure it just in case there are two versions of the lens. I'm confident that my one is not a Seiko #1 but that doesn't mean that the 250/6.7 wasn't redesigned to fit in a regular #1 shutter. The aperture diameter of 30mm is the same as in a #1 shutter, so it would still have an f6.7 max aperture. When the Compound #4 shutters went out of production Schneider was able to rejig the 360/5.6 Symmar to fit into the smaller Copal 3 where it became the 355/6.8 Symmar. Apart from the max aperture it was the same lens, both versions had an actual f/l of 358mm.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Here is the answer few years later: The diameter of the hole of the lens board for the Seiko shutter that comes with the Fujinon WS 250mm f6.7 is 50mm, which very approximately matches the hole required for the Ilex shutter (50.52mm) that usually came with the Kodak lenses. You are welcome.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Not all of them! The shutter for the Fuji 250/6.7 needs a slightly larger hole than a Copal 1. I don't have this lens now, so can't give any exact figures.

Kumar
    EXACTLY, the shutter for the Fujinon WS 250/6.7 is a bit larger than Copal #1. You cannot put it in a Copal 1. However, the Fujinon W 250/6.7 does come in a Copal 1. I guess the S stands for SEIKO.
    Last edited by pepeguitarra; 6-Jan-2019 at 20:40.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Interesting...

what year that shutter is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    Interesting...

what year that shutter is ?
    I don't know. I sent my shutter to have a CLA, due to lagging slow speeds. It should be coming back in a week.

It was still WS in the Copal shutter model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuji250f67001.jpg