Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Sold my 5x4 enlarger about 6 years ago , Since then only digital to print stage , some regrets , but i have to admit dodging & burning is far easier in a digital workflow, No tracing paper ,no masks ,cumbersome tools etc, I would have to say i am producing as good on digital(if not better) as with wet but far easier.Cheers Gary

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

I have both a darkroom and a digital darkroom which I call the light room. I use both as income comes from both but I would prefer to have only the darkroom. ...except to chat with you all.

Darkroom and very happy with it. I have a rudimentary scanner for uploading prints. I never scan negatives and have no desire to invest in or learn photoshop.

Dinosaur and proud of it.

Claudio Santambrogio

Printing room - which, given the fact that I almost exclusively work in "historical" practices, is in fact not "dark"… But on occasion I can turn off the lights to make the odd lith print… And yes, I love it "wet" - would be missing more than half of what makes photography's enjoyment for me!

Wet darkroom with a 4X5 MX and a B22Xl which was the first real present my wife ever gave me. Also have a 5X7 Elwood need to set up some time once I have some negs to use it for. Digitally I can scan up to 6X9 on the Nikon and my wife has a Epson 3880 (I think or 4880) printer. The digitial darkoom is not quite totally set up yet. Plans are to be able to go from an anologue image to digital and from a digital image to analogue. I enjoy working in the darkroom although it some times requires more mental effort to go up there and set up as opposed to doing a couple images on the computer however once a session begins I ask myself why is it an effort. As long as I have space and enjoy the process I will wet print. I need to become better at the digital printing though.

In our house I think I am a film photographer who also shoots digiital and my wife is a digital photographer who also shoots film. In reality she is printmaker so we also have a bit of a printing studio with an etching press and in the garage next door we have a large plate table (NuArc) which may work. So that is the reason for being able to go either direction as the wife wishes to do photogravre in the future as well as photoetchings which she has done in the past. I can also ride two types of bikes, mountian and road and used to have both cats and dogs

Thumbs up Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Darkroom for me...

Both B&W and Color printing!

I only scan if I need to post online, which I don't very often.

I never can get a scan to look as good as a print...

Here is an example, the print is lovely, the scan is ugly!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sideboards.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	77039
    "I would like to see Paris before I die... Philadelphia will do..."

Semi-permanent (permanent Jun-Oct) wet 4x5 darkroom that gets used a fair amount, but can also scan MF on Coolscan 9000 that gets almost no use, just as the V750 that works as an office scanner 99% of the time. Intention was to use those scanners for colour, but I just seem to do B&W all the time.

Silver prints get occasionally (way too rarely, must catch up) photographed digitally, with studio lighting, for inclusion on the web site.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Just put down some money on a quaint house with a big outbuilding with *gasp* running water so I'll be setting up a more serious darkroom!

Right now my "darkroom" is a 1/2 bath and part of my office only at night
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I turned the daughter's bedroom in to my darkroom after she went off to college.
    Before that I was using my laundry room as a temporary darkroom.

Darkroom. Omega D5XL, Durst M605. Print B&W only, no color, up to 16x20. Shoot 4x5, 6x6 and a little bit'a 35mm. Ability to scan, but can't bring myself to actually do it. No digital printing whatsoever. Probly should think about getting that capability one of these days.