Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Full darkroom for black and white, 45MXT, Aristo Cold Light Head, all RH Designs devices, Jobo CPP2 for souping.
    Full 28TB raid and dual SSD monster Mac with a 9000ED and V750 for color and digital work, outsource the printing to several good labs.

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

darkroom

Since the question is posted in the "Darkroom" section, I suspect all the answers will be "YES."

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Since the question is posted in the "Darkroom" section, I suspect all the answers will be "YES."
    But d/r wannabees read this section too.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Both, full darkroom and full scaning, print
    Xavier Deltell
    www.xavierdeltell.es

B&W Darkroom (L1000), rudimentary negative scanning capability (Canon 9000F) that I play with sometimes.

Darkroom. Scan for web or small prints maybe (just have an epson 4870 and no real printer).
    Beseler 45Mx and a Beseler 23CIII for the small stuff.

Eric Biggerstaff

Darkroom
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Darkroom, but hope to scan eventually, for gallery submissions and to create some web presence.

Have a full darkroom for traditionally printing up to 5x7 -Omega E series enlarger with Aristo cold lite head. Recently, (about 2years ago), became captivated with digital medium format and have devoted most of my time to really mastering digital photography. I've also been scanning many old negatives (mostly B&W) and printing them digitally. I find that digital gives remarkable control over the printed image (beyond what I could accomplish in the darkroom) and the recent wave of pigment printers and choices of fine papers provide a quality of print that almost rivals a silver gelatin print.

For all those die hard darkroom fans out there, please note the qualification above, "almost rivals" ! That said, many photographers who have seen some of my framed work would not believe the prints were done digitally. And please understand, I am not claiming to be a great printer. It's just that the state of the art has advanced a remarkable degree in recent years.

It's wonderful that, as photographers, we have so many options and choices and can please all tastes.

As a final note, I plan to continue B&W large format using traditional film and scanning for digital output or printing traditionally as I see fit in addition to using digital.

traditionally as I see fit, though I believe most of my work will be digitally printed.
    Last edited by DennisD; 8-Jul-2012 at 18:49. Reason: Typos and trying to remove last line which I can't access !
    I know just enough to be dangerous !