Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Darkroom only. So far I don't own a scanner.
    I'm just begining to think to buy one just for the web and family.

Christian

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Darkroom only. B&W and color. Enlargers for formats up through 8x10. RA-4 print capability to 30"x40"

I've had a darkroom since I was 17. First one was in my bedroom of my parents first house set up on a card table - I had a Durst 2-1/4 enlarger, 810 trays and 500 sheet box of metalist paper. Second Darkroom in parents second house dedicated 10x6' space, Besler MXT 4x5 enlarger w/45S Color head, Jobo CPP2, 16x20 trays then a Fujimoto 11x14 table top processor and Arkay drier. Last darkroom I have now still is in progress of completion is 14x14 next to my office in my house: 4x5 enlarger (see above), CPP2, ATL3, 20x24 trays, 8x10 Enlarger. I am working on a remote focus system for the 810 enlarger, desired result is to have the capacity to do 24x30 prints and have a dedicated tray for that size. Over the years I have acquired lots of stuff. I also scan using the V750.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Dominik

Mostly darkroom. B/W Enlargers up to 4x5 and print capability up to 3 feet+ unfortunately no colour darkroom yet also have to get an enlarger for 13x18cm negs.
    I do scan but I prefer the Darkroom.

Dominik

Scott Davis

I've got an alt-process darkroom set up for developing film and contact printing in just about anything from platinum to gum to salt and even albumen (haven't done that one yet, but it's in the plans). I'm also kitted out to scan and print digitally, but that's done mostly for either web presentation or working in color.

Darkroom... to be more precise in the process of building a new one since I moved. Image making is on hiatus for another couple of months.

Steve

Darkroom for serious work, scanner for not so serious work.

Darkroom since 1972.
    Processing b&w, c-41 & E-6 film, 35mm up to 11x14.
    Enlarging negs up to 8x10.
    Contact printing larger negs .
    The only use I have for a scanner is to post prints to internet.
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org