Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone help with this please

Re: Can someone help with this please

Thank you for that Michael. No, i do not have a manual for it yet. As soon as i get it home i will check it all out as best i can and then hunt here or on line for a manual. thank you again.

Ok, Just an update. We got the Durst Home with no problems. It is indeed the 139G Model. Got boxes of lenses, filters, bulbs etc, so much that I have not been able to go through it all yet. It appears that this machine was used by ABC Television and, one of the Technical guys bought it when it came up for sale. Unfortunately, he passed away, and it was left sitting in his garage. The only noticeable wear/Fault, is the "Concertina" like bellows at the top has started to crumble on one side. Apart from that, it looks ok. Now, having got it home, I think I am way out of my depth with this machine, way too complicated for me, so, will probably end up selling it and go for something way smaller. Anyway, it was certainly worth the time and effort in picking it up as it will be suitable for someone more experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpom View Post
    way too complicated for me, so, will probably end up selling it and go for something way smaller.
    Smaller does not mean less complicated. Looking at the next three threads in this forum, I'd say you are ahead of the game keeping this Durst. You are better off than the guy with the DeVere 4x5 enlarger with the complicated chain drive. You are better off than the guy with the complicated electronic controlled 4x5 Beseler/Minolta color head. You are better off than the guy with the 4x5 D5XL that required a lot of repair work to be functional.

ic is right (as usual)...

I purchased my L184 relatively inexpensively, but have spent considerable time and additional money getting all the bits together to make it fully functional. Not a big problem for what I have got, but getting everything you need as a package does make life much easier.

Find out how to use it, use it for awhile, then decide if you can live without, rather than selling it and finding out after...

You have an enviable kit there.

Good luck and get some use out of it, before you make a decision on selling it.

Thanks Guys, I will take that advice on board and give it a go. I think i have located a manual for it, so will let you know what happens.