Thread: light leak or not ?

light leak or not ?

I just attached two samples of my pic in BW.The first one seems light leak but could somebody help me confirm it ? Does this problem come from the camera or roll film ? My camera is Zeiss Ikon Contarex Bull's eye.
    The second one looks like in normal.That's so weird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000006.jpg   000002.jpg  

Re: light leak or not ?

First one could be a double exposure.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

The second one has something similar to the first. Look at the left 1/4 of the image, and look at the inconsistent bright spot. Since the camera is a 35mm, you should check the condition of the camera foam seal. If it isn't fluffy, it needs to be replaced.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    The second one has something similar to the first. Look at the left 1/4 of the image, and look at the inconsistent bright spot. Since the camera is a 35mm, you should check the condition of the camera foam seal. If it isn't fluffy, it needs to be replaced.
    Thanks. I just re-check my camera and found two scratches on the shutter curtain. I think they cause leak light. I'm wondering if there is a effective way to fix ? I do not want to replace the new curtain. Should it work if I daub something on the scratch? Ink or some black glue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    I saw someone use Black Liquid Electrical Tape to fix a hole on curtain. Does anyone use this before ? The alternative choice is Kodak black liquid opaque. But it seems Kodak is hard to buy.