Thread: Anyone using Photoshelter for web hosting?

Scott Davis

Anyone using Photoshelter for web hosting?

I'm looking at switching my web hosting to Photoshelter - anyone have any feedback on them as a service, good, bad or indifferent?

Re: Anyone using Photoshelter for web hosting?

I used them for two years when I was in the last years of my commercial portrait/special event work. It made it easy for consumers to purchase prints directly on line and then have my lab of choice print them and mail them directly to clients. For what I am doing now (limited work/fine art/teaching), I decided I did not need all the services Photoshelter offers, so I went back to my old web software (ImageFolio) and updated the site. If you want their shopping cart system for commercial prints and web marketing, I guess it would be good.

Here is my site today; it does have a shopping cart, but no aggressive marketing : http://photoscapes.com

I don't use PhotoShelter for web hosting, but I do use it as way to provide hi-res images to clients. I create private folders for each client, and upload assignment photos to the appropriate folder. The clients find it pretty user friendly, and I get favorable remarks from them about ease of use. They can browse online and download select hi-res files. Much friendlier than a FTP site.

Same as Greg, I use it as a delivery method, it works great. I can set up individual users through their emails and track and control their downloads.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurston View Post
    Same as Greg, I use it as a delivery method, it works great. I can set up individual users through their emails and track and control their downloads.
    Cool site. Nice work.
    through a glass darkly...

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicexplosion View Post
    Cool site. Nice work.
    Thanks Andrew