Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ViewFinder app for Android

Re: ViewFinder app for Android

What happens if I lose my phone or it dies? Would I have to purchase the app again?

Quote Originally Posted by jfdupuis View Post
    When I moved from MF to 4x5, I really missed the possibility of moving around looking at the ground glass of the camera to find the perfect framing. To make thing worst, not having a fresnel, I couldn't see the entire picture clearly and made my composition making painful. I had seen many LF users taking test shots with a compact camera in the past. I taught, why not take them with the correct field of view. Always carrying my phone around, I decided to write an application that would help me compose my pictures. Then was born my ViewFinder app.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Where can I get your App without total observation of my mobile?

I use a revolver viewfinder on my GF.

Sincerely, Rainer

Has anyone got it to run properly on an LG G3?

I switched to a new LG G3 (AKA D855) recently. ViewFinder on ICS depended on using the "Recent Apps" button to summon the menu. On KitKat (I understand my phone runs 4.4.2, on Kernel 3.4.0), it doesn't seem to intercept the "Recent Apps" keypress.

Mailed Jeff on the address we used last time I had a problem, but haven't seen any answer.

So, other user experiences?

I don't have nor do I need an iPhone/Smartphone but I might buy a cheap digital camera and an ultra-wide auxiliary lens so I can chimp before using real film.

Re: Has anyone got it to run properly on an LG G3?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRJHMurphy View Post
    I switched to a new LG G3 (AKA D855) recently. ViewFinder on ICS depended on using the "Recent Apps" button to summon the menu. On KitKat (I understand my phone runs 4.4.2, on Kernel 3.4.0), it doesn't seem to intercept the "Recent Apps" keypress.

Mailed Jeff on the address we used last time I had a problem, but haven't seen any answer.

So, other user experiences?
    try lingering on that 'button' for a bit.. found that out by error

I just got it,so far it works great,im using a Android.Its great for finding angles that are uncomfortable positions to be in to find the view before getting the camera there.yes,would be nice if it was inverted,but good app.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    Call me crazy, I'm having an issue where I can't find the menu, the app starts, goes right to the camera view, I have an iris button and that's it.. umm. sorry if I'm just plain missing something. I'm using a Galaxy Nexus.
    This is an old thread, but I still have that app on my smartphone, only now the latest version of Android does not have a menu key anymore: what used to be a menu key now shows all recent used apps, and there's a "new" menu option the app can't use that new menu key. Is there a new version somewhere ?

NEVER MIND: just found the answer right above :-) :-). I'm happy again !

Thanks,
    Stefan.