Thread: Canadian stores stocking Pictorico OHP?

Canadian stores stocking Pictorico OHP?

Anybody know of a Canadian store that stocks Pcitorico OHP (for digital inkjet internegatives)? My local store (Ginn in Ottawa) has given me a 6-8 week delivery time becasue it is a special order and I'd rather not have to use cross border mail order.

Thanks

Jonathan. Try Galaxy Camera 99 Bank Street (Bank & Albert) Tel (613) 563-7997.

Jonathan,

I've not had any success finding a dealer in Canada that actually stocks Pictorico materials. What else is new?

FWIW I have had great service ordering from both Pictorico themselves and from Mountain Studios (http://www.mountainstudiosco.com/). Be sure to specify USPS priority or express mail for shipping to avoid the high brokerage fees charged by a courier service (like UPS).

How can I live in Ottawa and still know know about these stores?? Gonna have to visit, I guess.

I can't point you to Pictorico, but I can offer comments on cross border. FedEx and UPS both have good brokerage rates ($7 for FedEx, free I think for UPS, cheap if not) IF you use express (of any sort). If you use ground, then you will get hit with a variable (based on item value) brokerage rate which is quite vicious. Of course the express shipping cost is quite a bit higher; for lower priced items it may very well be cheaper to use the ground anyway. For fairly low cost items, sometimes they don't charge. I have bought a lot of stuff cross-border, and not too much trouble, although you need to know the system; for example, over a certain value FedEx requires a fax granting them authority to act as your broker. The value is something like $1500.

If you get a Canadian source, let us know. I (and others I suspect) are always looking for good Canadian suppliers.

I went through the whole list of Pictorico dealers on their website and not one of them stocked it. I guess I'll have to deal with Pictorico. I only like to deal mailorder when I have to. I like to patronize locally if I can. Sadly, the local used camera store (Camera Exchange) just went belly up and is liquidating. This was a store that had drawers and drawers of junk and was the place you went to when you needed an odd-sized retaining ring adn where you could actually talk to someone who knew the difference between a Summicron and a Symmar...Sigh.

The only hobbyist, large format friendly store I know of is Eight Elm Photo in Toronto. They stock 5x7 film (hurray!) and they have Bergger film and Pyro.

Eight Elm is the tops, Micheal Chen can order almost anything within reason. The guy's a star, he even gave me a bottle of vodka-mudslide when I went in just before Christmas.

Great for Leica too !!