Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhof serial number

Linhof serial number

Please Bob or any one who know about serier number on Linhof TK. I bought for couple weeks would like to know when it made.

Back showed only "Gemany" ( the old showed"West Germay" ) when do they change after 1992?

and the number I found two places: one is on the top of camera "B541110" and another is located under bottom (under bed track) "314368" . It should be Linhof Master.. Isn't it? , but what year

Thank you for you time. Varakan Ten Tipprapa

Linhof serial number

Varakan, I have a similar camera with serial #B53xxxx and it is a Master Technika but w/o a range finder. It is like a Master 2000 but w/o the wide angle focusing track. Hope this helps.

Linhof serial number

Sorry I am currently away from the office. Please call Marflex for an answer. 973 808-9626

Linhof serial number

Did you buy a TK (TechniKardan) or a Technika? The TK is nothing like a Technika. B541110 is a 1993 Master Technika. B53xxxx is a camera made in 1992 or 93. Can't tell which without the next 2 numbers.

Linhof serial number

If you contact Linhof by e-mail they will tell you what your camera is and when it was made. I think it is history@linhof.de

Linhof serial number

The e-mail addres is service@linhof.de

Linhof serial number

I'm curious....

I have a Tech IV ( serial number 71960) that I just bought at local camera shop. They got the camera back in 1960 from the Linhof distributors complete with a 150mm Xenar and a 90mm Angulon, both cammed to the camera. Since 1960 the camera has basically been sitting in the camera shop, and I'm the first person to actually 'buy' this camera. So is it covered by a gaurantee?

-Mike

Linhof serial number

"71960" 1959/60.

No the only warranty would be the dealer's.

Re: Linhof serial number

Hi Bob,

I have not been able to find a simple list of Linhof serial #'s indicating date of manufacture. You seem to be the best source in the world.

Can you please tell me the year of a Tech IV 4x5 # 63277 ? I'm guessing late 50's, exact year would be great.

It certainly is an early IV though the leather appears more gray-brown than the several reddish-tan IV's I've seen. I removed the spring-clip grip bracket to look into creating a leather hand-strap for it and found the unexposed leather underneath the bracket to be the same charcoal brown -ruling out any body leather fading. Say, any idea where I could likely find a stock leather hand-strap? I'll probably just convert and old belt.

Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge,
    VK

Re: Linhof serial number

[QUOTE=

and the number I found two places: one is on the top of camera "B541110" and another is located under bottom (under bed track) "314368" . It should be Linhof Master.. Isn't it? , but what year[/QUOTE]

B541110 is a 1993 Master Technika

Do you have a TK45 or a TK45S 45?