Thread: Notch code ID : If anyone recognizes this set of notches please let me know

Notch code ID : If anyone recognizes this set of notches please let me know

I recently bought a set of 10 - 4/5 holders from a LFPF member. I opened one and found it loaded with film. I contacted him and he said he didn't recall the film in the holders. I've made a sketch as best I can. Can anyone identify this film. If I can I'll try and shoot and develop it. I've checked a couple of sites online for these notches and can't see them listed on the resources I've visited. Notably one prepared on Kodak BW by RIT . Any help's appreciated. Thanks!!

looking at the top right, with the emulsion facing you, the notches are a shown (the use of a capital "I" is my attempt to delineate the top right corner with a vertical line)

Attachment 69916
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Notch-codes-copy.jpg  
    Last edited by Jan Normandale; 10-Mar-2012 at 14:17. Reason: formatting issue

Re: Notch code ID : If anyone recognizes this set of notches please let me know

Try this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notch_code or this one: http://photondetector.com/tools_ref/filmdata/

Yours could be Kodak Ektapan 4162, Fuji Velvia 100, from a quick survey. There are a number of different sources of film notch codes on the web.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

Or Ektachrome E100VS.
    Are your fingernails long enough to check the inside corners (square, diagonal or round?).

Hi Jan,

I looked at some info sheets I have, and if it has rounded corners is could be Agfachrome RSX 50.

Reid
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

Hi Reid, the diagram is representative of the shape of the notches. There are two, one long the other almost a V shape. Both notches have the same "slanted" 45 degree sides not 90 degrees. I know because I placed paper over the notches and rubbed a pencil over the paper to get the notch pattern outline all inside a dark bag.

Mike I tried that one but I couldn't see the pattern there. I'll check again just in case.

Steven, the corners are diagonal / slanted at 45 degrees and not square or round.

thanks for the replies!

Mike I think that the film might be Kodak Ektachrome 100 VS... here's a Kodak link to their product PDF....

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe....20.5.24&lc=en