Thread: Mark Image Camera (?)

Mark Image Camera (?)

I came across one of these on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2971114451) and it looks very much like a Shen-Hao, and looked at the sellers website (http://www.markimage.com/field45_intro.php) as well. Retails for about the same as the Shen and similar (?) specs.

Anyone have/use one or read any reviews? Mostly just curious.
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Mark Image Camera (?)

This camera does in fact look to be a Shen Hao or very near relative. Since Mark Image is a "Promotion" company, it stands to reason that they are not a manufacturer but a manufacturer's representative. As such, it is very likely that they have a deal worked out with S/H to help with marketing. Their prices are similar and the product looks to be exactly like the Shen Hao I own, perhaps it is just a coincidence?

Mark Image Camera (?)

I had an email exhange with Markimage a year or so ago, and they stated that their camera was a remarked version of the Shen-Hao, with minor changes--primarily different hardware. Note that the camera I looked at was a version of the the cheaper Shen-Hao, the one without backrise, and this was the same price as the "full" version, so there is a significant mark up.

Mark Image Camera (?)

It looks like there has been an improvement in the back axis tilt.

Michael www.mgordonphotography.com

Mark Image Camera (?)

The model on Ebay is obviously made by Shen Hao. It has the same movements as the lower model S/H with the addition of an interchangable bellows which is not available on the lower end S/H. We all know pictures can lie but it looks like attention has been made to upgrade the finish over the S/H HZ.

Mark Image Camera (?)

I notice there is no bubble level.

Mark Image Camera (?)

I don't understand. Why did those winners like to pay nearly the price of a 'full' version SH for a stripdown 1D?

Mark Image Camera (?)

Perhaps they thought it was pretty. Some may like the fact it doesn't have the back movements but does have the interchangable bellows. The other possibility is old fashioned ignorance. I see people consistantly over pay for items on EBay. It's the frenzy of the auction. I've actually seen used items sell for higher prices than new costs. Go figure.