Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaroids (and Fujiroids)

Re: Polaroids (and Fujiroids)

Leap Day

It's February 29. I finished the second month of my instant-photo-a-day project. As you can tell, it's getting harder to come up with new photo ideas and I'm getting desperate

Fuji FP-3000b, Super Graphic, Optar 135mm lens at f/5.6 and 1/60s

Goofy self portrait...testing the Impossible Project 8x10 color "instant" film
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails selfportrait_polaroid003IP810c.jpg  

I'm bummed that the registration got messed up on this shot...I already knew my processor was partly broken but I think it's officially time to retire it. I only got 3 shots out of 10 because of my processor and 2 were misaligned like this shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails candace_pool003IP810C.jpg  

suggested help re: Fuji film problem---I have had several packets of film (bw & color) in my Polaroid 405 holder which have been unusable because I have had some difficulty pulling out the white tabs, hence those remaining films are useless as I am not able to get to them. The white tabs are fragile, not sturdy enough IMO.. When the white tabs are broken, torn, I even have resorted to using tweezers trying to pull the remaining tab out of the Polaroid holder--even taking the holder into the darkroom the extract the white tab which resulted in failure.

Any suggestions regarding the pulling out the white tab of paper other than pulling it out smoothly and straight. Have others experience this same problem I am outlining?? Your help please.

Does this stand a snowballs chance of actually affecting anything? If it does I'll take the time to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by photonsoup View Post
    Does this stand a snowballs chance of actually affecting anything? If it does I'll take the time to sign it.
    No. Fuji obviously has decided they are not making enough money on it.

Who knows? Normally I wouldn't think it could work but Fuji is the one film manufacturer that HAS brought back previously discontinued film due to demand before.

It's kind of like chicken soup at a funeral - it's probably too late and won't help, but it can't possibly hurt.

Shadows and Reflections

I'm always pleasantly surprised how well expired Polaroid 664 instant film still works.

Taken with a Super Graphic and Schneider Angulon 90mm lens.

RR

Hey asx810, my processor did that for a while, and then starting working properly again. No idea why. But don't give up on yours.