Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Photographers that you are pretty sure not enough people are into.

Your Favorite Photographers that you are pretty sure not enough people are into.

Linda Butler, particularly Yangtzee Remembered (First Monograph I ever bought)

Dawoud Bey

Albert Watson's book Marocc (out of print, I believe)

Kristin Capp's book Hutterites (ridiculous bargain of a gigantic book) (seriously, it's a sin)

Re: Your Favorite Photographers that you are pretty sure not enough people are into.

John Cohen's There Is No Eye

Milton Rogovin: The Forgotten Ones

Joakim Eskildsen The Roma Journies

If you want to play in my thread...post some links and pictures.

Re: Your Favorite Photographers that you are pretty sure not enough people are into.

some of these are less obscure than others.

I'd like to say that my favorites here are racially and genderly diverse TOTALLY BY ACCIDENT!!!

JK.

some of these books are so cheap on Amazon it just feels awful buying them.

Elaine Ling Land of the Deer Stone http://elaineling.com/

Geir Jordahl Searching for True North http://www.photoeye.com/bookstore/ci...?Catalog=ZD282

Judith Joy Ross.

Judith works with a wooden 8x10 camera (Kodak 2D, I believe), and prints her own work on POP. A good book.

Vaughn, I'm into Elaine Ling now. Thanks!

Jay...appreciate your comment re: one of my pictures and Judith Joy Ross, thanks a million. Some of her pictures grab me a ton more than others somehow. The pictures of swimmers definitely get me.

With the exception of a few well-known photographers, I'm pretty sure not enough people are into the photographers shown on this page (a new one each week).

Some old, some current. Some are LF forum members.

Since you asked us to post some images, here's one you might find appealing. It's from the 70's... the 1870's.

Jagmandar: Water Palace at Udaipur
    Colin Murray, 1872-73
    Last edited by Ken Lee; 7-Mar-2012 at 19:08.

Angus McBean

Quote Originally Posted by sully75 View Post
    Vaughn, I'm into Elaine Ling now. Thanks!

Jay...appreciate your comment re: one of my pictures and Judith Joy Ross, thanks a million. Some of her pictures grab me a ton more than others somehow. The pictures of swimmers definitely get me.
    Paul,

The resemblance is unmistakable. I was very happy to be offered your Becca print-- an image I think would fit seamlessly into Ross's portfolio. Working spontaneously with tripod-mounted, LF gear, is a real challenge, and not many do it well. Nicholas Nixon, Jock Sturges, Sally Mann, and a few others come to mind. You're in very good company!