Thread: Camera Cases Options Revisited

Camera Cases Options Revisited

My last camera cases were made by Strebor which it appears have long since out of business. Looking for an update to the options available for a F&S 12x20 that is going into the field this spring for another evaluation in vision. Something padded with some handles would be great.

Thanks

Re: Camera Cases Options Revisited

Michael,

send you a message with a link.

cheers,

Dan

Photographer

JB Harlin has a large Strebor case for sale on his website: jbhphoto.com

Also, Stitchlines in Denver may be able to make something for you: stitchlines.com.
    Keith Pitman

Thanks Keith. I will check it out.

funkadelic

Michael,
    I have the same camera. Mine fits in a Lightware v4300, but the top does bend down a little to get the front closed. I can easily put my camera, 2 holders (all I have right now) and a couple of boxes of film (one for new, one for exposed). I originally bought the case for my Sinar 8x10, but sold the camera due to upcoming space needs. I was needing a case for the F&S anyway, so I ended up keeping the Lightware instead of selling it. My only complaint, which will probably soon be resolved, is that the dividers that came in it go front to back, with a notch for the monorail to hang on. I want one, full height, to go side to side to separate the camera from the film and holders, and to better secure the camera from moving. I intend to call Lightware and see if they can make one for me. If not, I'm sure someone else can if the price is right.
    It's a very nice case. The only thing I would like to change is to have another inch or so between camera and lid to add more padding. It's bottom and sides will take more bumps than the top, so I decided it isn't that big of a deal since the top is padded too. If you're interested in a photo or two to see the fit, I'll be able to get it for you next weekend. I think a modified baby stroller for easier transporation is in my near future.
    Also, I saw somewhere that Matt Macgruder kept one in a Pelican 1630. It's slightly bigger than the 1650. I have confirmed that the 1650 is too small. Close, but just not big enough. I've not had access to a 1630 to confirm.

Chris
    Last edited by cdholden; 27-Feb-2012 at 13:30.

Michael,

I sent you a PM.

Thought I responded. Must not have gone through. Let me check and get back with you.

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Also, I saw somewhere that Matt Macgruder kept one in a Pelican 1630. It's slightly bigger than the 1650. I have confirmed that the 1650 is too small. Close, but just not big enough. I've not had access to a 1630 to confirm.

Chris
    I keep the 12x20 Korona in a 1630. Room enough inside for the camera, three holders, and a couple of lenses. Gets damn heavy, though. Comes with a pull-out handle and small roller wheels.

Charley

Whoops! I lied! I just checked, and there's not a lot of extra room for any lenses in the 1630. I was thinking of the 1650, in which I keep a No 10 Cirkut with tripod and lenses. Sorry.

Charley