Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Landscape Addict

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

I hear currumbin has some good locations for seascapes and also forrestry ?
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Landscape Addict

I do sunrise seascapes every other sunday I LOVE them

Fort lytton is a good spot... Would be able to think of plenty of interesting shots of that place...
    Alexartphotography

Great thread Alex. I can see this being the place to spontaneously posted when one is going for a shoot on sunday afternoons, as well as the planned events. I'm kind of an imposter here as I haven't got a LF cam yet, but am hopeful in the next few months I'll be free from April onwards and am keen for just about anything, though seascapes/rainforests/landscapes tickle my fancy.

girl cadet photographer miss_emma_jade's Avatar

cool. there are more of us than i thought.. there is also world pinhole day at the end of april.. that might take some more planning. but whos up for that one?? id like to shoot some film though before then, love to see more of ur 6x17 set up, Alex, and generally share ideas.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    And eternity in an hour.
    - William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    I hear currumbin has some good locations for seascapes and also forrestry ?
    Sorry mate missed this - didn't realise it was onto 2 pages already. Currumbin is my old stomping grounds for seascapes, as Stef will tell you. It's kind of limited.. and may not be appropriate for more than a couple of us to shoot without getting in each others way etc. Places like caloundra (rocky area just off Victoria Tce park kinda area) at low to mid tide would be great for a bunch of us though I think. Currumbin does have the Currumbin Rock Pools.. though I've never actually been out there to have a look, but have been meaning to do so for a couple of years.

Count me in guys, don't really have any suggestions for 'landscape' spots though. Am on Northside (Chermside).

Landscape Addict

Well how do we feel about our first shoot being something at a reasonable hour, somewhat central to everyones location...

I propose Cityscapes at Dusk somewhere around Kangaroo point on March 11th.. Meetup somewhere around 5pm, sunset is at 6, and best light for photography is around 6:15~6:30. Gives everyone time to get to know one and other, have a look at everyone elses gear etc... Afterwards if people are keen to push on I am always keen on heading up Mt Coot-tha and shooting the city and surrounding suburbs... at night, all lit up...

We MAAAAY attract a bit of attention.. 3~5 LF shooters in one place... I was told a week or so ago at the lookout on Mt-Mee that I was the first LF shooter this old man had seen since the 1960's... He got a little nostalgic..

Anywho, enough of my babble...

Who's in for Cityscapes in Brisbane city Sunday after next. (or even saturday night if that suits better...)

Someone has to bring a spot meter so I can convince myself that the cost is worth it...
    Alexartphotography

Landscape Addict

I would be keen for world pinhole day... I don't have a pinhole camera at the moment though... I converted my Holga 120 WPC to have a schneider angulon 65mm f/8... Nice little panocam! I could make a pinhole for my 4x5 but $$ if it screws up sheet film...

I will very likely bring the 617 rig... I have been using 612 more at the moment because my 617 and my 75/4.5 lens don't play nice together...

Quote Originally Posted by miss_emma_jade View Post
    cool. there are more of us than i thought.. there is also world pinhole day at the end of april.. that might take some more planning. but whos up for that one?? id like to shoot some film though before then, love to see more of ur 6x17 set up, Alex, and generally share ideas.
    Alexartphotography

Unless you are in a spacious location with many different options (eg a national park, a deserted coastline, etc) I think you start to run into problems if you have more than 2 or 3 LF photographers together and trying to shoot at the same time. I would probably be a bit dubious about meeting up anywhere busy in the city for serious shooting. But just to say g'day, put some faces to names and have a bit of a look at others' gear etc, I would be very happy to do that anywhere. Kangaroo Point is pretty close to me here, so I wouldn't say no to that!

I reckon the beauty of a thread like this is that it puts us all in contact with each other, so that anyone who would like company for a short-notice shooting expedition, or who wants to get together for a beer to look over some prints, or who just wants a chat about stuff, is likely to find a like-minded soul or two.

Ian

I'm keen if it's April or so since I'll be away beforehand You can tinker with my spot meter no worries, Stef also has the same one (and let me tinker with his prior to my purchase)