I've got two very frustrating Epson 3800 printer problems! First, the magenta head on the printer has recently become permanently clogged. I did endless power cleanings (not the manual windex cleaning) then took the machine to an Epson service center. They had the thing for two or three weeks and could not clean the clog. I didn't want to give up so I just googled this problem and found it specifically talked about in this forum. Guess I don't feel so alone anymore. What I'd like to know know is has anyone had any success in clearing their magenta clogs? I just broke down and ordered a 3880, which sounds like it has the magenta clog issue fixed with their new Vivid Magenta ink. One very weird thing is: my 3800 still makes perfect, gorgeous prints! No visible difference between pre-clog prints and clogged magenta prints.

The other problem that just started is that after an image finishes printing the head keeps going back and forth as if it's still printing, sometimes even if the paper has left the machine. The ONLY way I can get it to stop is to power off the machine. It wasn't a firmware or driver issue. BTW, I regularly use the rear manual feed with thick Hahnemuhle paper.The Epson service people could have fixed this (oddly by replacing an auto-feed mechanism) but since they couldn't fix the clog it wasn't really worth spending over $300.

If anyone has any light to shed on either of these two problems it would be greatly appreciated!