Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Re: Forum Upgrade

I need help, I cannot revert back to the original theme and in mobile theme, none of the features such as personal settings or private messaging is accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by uavplane View Post
    I need help, I cannot revert back to the original theme and in mobile theme, none of the features such as personal settings or private messaging is accessible.
    I switched you back to the forum default.

Update: Based on nothing I've done ( probably a result of Tom's troubleshooting ), both the URL and bookmark icons are now back to our little red view camera in Firefox.

IE9 still doesn't work and I still don't care.

Excuse me if this has been covered before, but why do image attachments now show up as only links with no thumbnail? I'm on several vBulletin sites and no others do this. Seems a huge step back to me.

EDIT: I just realized they show up as thumbnails on Tapatalk on my iPhone but not on my PC. Is this a setting in my profile somewhere?

EDIT II: I found the setting, but it was set to show images. I turned it off and back on with no change. I tried changing the view style, no change.

EDIT III: I tried it in IE (8) instead of my usual Firefox, with the same result. So it must be something in my profile or settings and not the browser, I'd think.

Help, how do I see thumbnails of attached images again??

Sorry, should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Excuse me if this has been covered before, but why do image attachments now show up as only links with no thumbnail? I'm on several vBulletin sites and no others do this. Seems a huge step back to me.

EDIT: I just realized they show up as thumbnails on Tapatalk on my iPhone but not on my PC. Is this a setting in my profile somewhere?

EDIT II: I found the setting, but it was set to show images. I turned it off and back on with no change. I tried changing the view style, no change.

EDIT III: I tried it in IE (8) instead of my usual Firefox, with the same result. So it must be something in my profile or settings and not the browser, I'd think.

Help, how do I see thumbnails of attached images again??

Yep, sure is! Thanks Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rankin View Post
    I never got that [full text of reply in the email notification] on LFPF, just a link as it is now. APUG sends the message text, so I imagine LFPF could as well if the mods set it that way. It's much nicer to get the message text.
    Here's the complete text of an email I received before the s/w upgrade:

========== quoted text follows ============
    Dear Leigh,

Robert Brummitt has just created a new thread titled - 8x10 Film holders - in the For Sale/Wanted forum of Large Format Photography Forum, which you have subscribed to.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...d.php?p=779986

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Hello
    I'm helping a friends widow sell his gear. Today, It's 7 8x10 film holders. Five Fidelity and two wood holders. The Fidelity holders look to be in fine shape. The asking price for these are $225. The two wood holders are in fair shape. Could be converted for plate holders. Price is $70 for the pair.
    I'm not selling this so you need to contact her at this email address below,
    b.gearin@comcast.net
    If you try to contact me you may miss out on this deal. So contact Barbara at
    b.gearin@comcast.net
    Thanks

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications unless you additionally subscribe to the thread.

All the best,
    Large Format Photography Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this forum visit the following link:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...p?do=usub&f=27

============ end of quoted text ==============

I used this particular email because it contains both smileys and live URL links.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Well, it appears that the notifications now contain the text of the post. I don't think I did anything to change that.

Great improvement. Thanks to whomever.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.