View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 220 of 299 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Just saw a note on Apug quoting Ben concerning the Wanderlust 4X5. He said that the helicals look great and it is now a matter of assembly and shipping.

I am a supporter but never get the notices for some reason. Maybe I don't know where to look.

From the Kickstarter comments section (not an update):

Hi guys, sorry for not updating you sooner—we got the helicals, and they look great. Now we're trying to schedule a team to do assembly.
    Shipping will likely happen in large batches or possibly one lump shipment. If we need to stage them in batches, the batches will be sorted by geography and backer number, followed by preorders. In short, your place in line will be preserved as much as is logistically possible, but they'll all basically go out at the same time.
    If you need to update your shipping address, you can do that via Kickstarter. Please keep it updated if you're moving in the next few weeks (a strangely high number of you are).
    Hang in there! At this point, the project is 100% logistics, and luckily this is simpler than injection molded helicoid interfaces.
    This was posted about 9 hours ago or 11am EST.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    From the Kickstarter comments section (not an update):

This was posted about 9 hours ago or 11am EST.
    as a comment, not an update. Why? who knows.

Don't really care myself. I only looked due to seeing this thread again. I'm happy to wait for the camera to show up on my doorstep .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

You should be getting notices when a project you back posts an official update, if you're not receiving those, it's likely a setting in your Kickstarter account. This was a quick notice in the project comments though. You wouldn't have received a notification about that.

Anyone hear how assembly is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by WayneStevenson View Post
    Anyone hear how assembly is coming?
    Not a peep since Ben,s comment in the main comment section. That was two weeks ago. He was trying to pull together a assembly team, now more complicated by the need to apply the flocking material. Hey, it's summer, friends are on vacation and busy so I imagine it will take awhile to assemble 1500 units. Methinks September or more likely October will be the target month for shipping rewards. (I have no basis for this assumption, the history of this project is just too full of last minute delays)

In time for fall hiking among leaves. Works for me. (I'd likely have 35mm gear for shooting slides for projection and maybe some 4x5 from my frozen box of E100SW for the Travelwide.)

Being definitely among the first five backers, I'm visiting 5 national parks in the southwest the first two weeks of September. It's been well over two years waiting and lots of travel opportunities missed. It sure would be nice to have in hand for this one....
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

I hear you David. I got one of the $49 slots so I was a little disappointed to hear they would probably all go out in one batch, but I'm trying to remain patient.

Cool about you visiting five national parks. Which ones? I burned up all my vacation in Europe where I shot about thirty rolls of 35mm. I could not convince my wife to let me bring the 5x7. The TravelWide would have been the ticket.